12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Wake Me Up When September Ends / Banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do they do so well? Don't they get into the marine taint more often? I guess they probably pick up more on late bloomers.

I wish there was a co-op in my town.

They are an elevated area that are usually far enough from marine taint and also able to pick up on late bloomers. They can get south of pike specials too. But, there is a big difference to areas 20 miles SE.

This is a side of you that I don't remember. I like it.

If you notice..I typically post something and then someone else disagrees with it..and will start an argument. I rarely will start one..It's just because of my over the top/hype type forecasting that folks like to disagree with. I just want to be left alone :hurrbear:

These next 2-3 cool nights and mild days will do wonders for accelerating the color change. By this time next week we should notice a big difference..Of course the end of week/weekend torch humidity won't help

Even after this weekend, it looks like mild but marine flow which will turn SE-S ahead of next trough so it really won't cool down much I don't think. Finally a big trough comes towards the 20th, but the heart of it stays west I think except maybe for a day or two. At least the extended range beyond looks more mild-warm days cool nights type of thing.

They're at 980', near the top of a hill that goes to about 1100'. It's a very quick increase though, about 600' horizontal distance. As you can guess, it's on a pretty good incline. For some reason the place usually radiates pretty well despite its location.

That doesn't sound like a good radiating spot to me...unless they're in an elevated valley.

Even after this weekend, it looks like mild but marine flow which will turn SE-S ahead of next trough so it really won't cool down much I don't think. Finally a big trough comes towards the 20th, but the heart of it stays west I think except maybe for a day or two. At least the extended range beyond looks more mild-warm days cool nights type of thing.

Until we get rid of that disaster in the GOA..nothing is going to change for us. We have to pray that changes or else :axe:

State of Ct definition of NECT, the quiet corner, the blue area. Tolland County is NCentral CT. East Kilingly at 720 feet blows Kevin away in snow every year. It borders NFoster RI.

af386af0171b55c2b55726b64d4f2e6c.jpg

That's an exaggeration...N Foster coop probably barely beats Kevin...so E Killingly maybe gets an inch more than that.

Thank you. I was hoping you would correct him. HE just can't accept he lives on the border of E/SE CT..so he was looking for something to hurt me with

You actually might be dead even with N Foster coop....they average about 58". That's probably where I would put your average too. Some of those spots near them that are like 800 feet though probably get in the 60" range.

You actually might be dead even with N Foster coop....they average about 58". That's probably where I would put your average too. Some of those spots near them that are like 800 feet though probably get in the 60" range.

Yea Kev definetly averages under 60 not above like he has claimed for a decade. The higher els in NECT bordering RI average more than NFoster COOP, no doubt about that. Even the board member who was a state snowplow operator for decades has stated that East Kilingly was the snowiest spot in NECT. Perfect location for elevation storms, OES, and of course coastals.

Kevin gets his 58" in the most boring way possible. He frequently gets whiffed on late bloomers and normally is captain meh during a KU. He nickles and dimes and can pick up early and late season stuff because of his elevation.

That 58" is deceptive... it's boring snow.

Lol...those 4.3" of paste events when everyone else is getting 1" of slush and changing to a light rain when the precip lightens.

Kevin did have his once per 20 year event though in Jan 2011...25" of snow. Probably hadn't done that since Dec 1992. Feb 1978 before that....then I don't know how long you have to go back...we tried to find one in the KU book at that GTG and I don't think we could prior to '78.

Kevin gets his 58" in the most boring way possible. He frequently gets whiffed on late bloomers and normally is captain meh during a KU. He nickles and dimes and can pick up early and late season stuff because of his elevation.

That 58" is deceptive... it's boring snow.

Guess what..It's more than you.

I don't get totally whiffed. If they 10 I get 2-4...while you see feather dustings lol

Your area is 2nd worst to SE CT

Downsloped

At and maybe even below sea level

Urban heat island

Little to no foliage

Shadowed from the east and west hilltowns

Lol...those 4.3" of paste events when everyone else is getting 1" of slush and changing to a light rain when the precip lightens.

Kevin did have his once per 20 year event though in Jan 2011...25" of snow. Probably hadn't done that since Dec 1992. Feb 1978 before that....then I don't know how long you have to go back...we tried to find one in the KU book at that GTG and I don't think we could prior to '78.

You and I were laughing hysterically when we had to go into the 30s to find something good for his BY... and even in Feb 34 he got schooled by HVN lol.

I don't get totally whiffed. If they 10 I get 2-4...while you see feather dustings lol

Downsloped

Urban heat island

Little to no foliage

:weenie:

Nice spin.

Your 5" of slush when I get rain is fine. I have no use for that kind of snow.

Which would you choose?

Downsloped

Urban heat island

Little to no foliage

You're sort of like Buffalo... a bit of a synoptic desert that cashes in on fake snow.

Archived