Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
TS Isaac

BullCityWx

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sux! LOL I was hoping for some good rains to help with the drought, but looks like NADA.

Yeah this is not good at all for the GA drought. Maybe at least 1 more band can move through the area though before it gets dry again. Sure hoping this ridge doesnt hang around too long but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Yeah this is not good at all for the GA drought. Maybe at least 1 more band can move through the area though before it gets dry again. Sure hoping this ridge doesnt hang around too long but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Im currently getting hit with some pretty hefty rains. Isaac isn't done yet either. We could end up with a couple inches by the time isaac and tje front are done. I'm very happy with the rains. It's not the 12 inch totals from a few days ago but it is a good soaking rain

Im currently getting hit with some pretty hefty rains. Isaac isn't done yet either. We could end up with a couple inches by the time isaac and tje front are done. I'm very happy with the rains. It's not the 12 inch totals from a few days ago but it is a good soaking rain

Hey, Mayretta, it's only just starting for you. I'm up to an inch and still falling. Everytime I think the end is approaching, it picks up again. Not the direct hit, I wanted but I'll sure take it. The biggest one day total this month for me, and it took a hurricane to get it. Getting some wet on a drought ain't easy, lol. Tony

Yep, good soaking rain for sure... like its coming out of a sprinkler.

Its interesting to look at the radar loop out of the FFC. The rain that is over near Gadsten, AL is moving Westward. The rain that is over ATL is moving north and the rain over Athens is moving NE.

Kinda makes we wonder if the trough "tail" is hanging right over the state. Would make sense why Isaac is not influenced and will move N - NW after making land fall and not "right turn Clyde".

Yeah that's a very nice band now for north central GA but much of the worst drought area isnt getting the good rain yet. Still under a quarter inch from Columbus over to Macon and on to the south. As far as where I live, heavy rain to the west is moving north and heavy rain to the east is moving northeast splitting our area. Am looking for sprinkles at best around here.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2012/aug/28/heavy-rains-cause-widespread-charleston-flooding/

CHARLESTON — Torrential rains have caused widespread flooding in Charleston as up to 4 inches of rain flooded streets and stranded motorists.

The National Weather Service said an additional 2 to 4 inches of rain are possible through Tuesday afternoon and a flash flood warning remained in effect.

Police say numerous streets have been flooded, including those near the popular City Market and along U.S. 17 where it crosses the Charleston peninsula.

Emergency officials reported at least 20 stranded vehicles in the downtown area where crews had to help motorists out of their cars. The Citadel canceled evening classes because of concern the flooding would be aggravated by the early evening high tide.

The weather system is not related to Hurricane Isaac, which is moving toward landfall in Louisiana.

Archived