• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
TS Isaac

BullCityWx

Makes sense it would be more progressive going into fall.

What's Sav's heaviest rain fall?

Don't feel the need to wrack your brain, just messing with you while waiting the Doc, lol. As for the moles...could the the mole/weather correllation have existed before I discovered it? I sometimes wonder if it might all be the workings of a fevered brain. Then I think back to 4 inches in one day, after 3 weeks of nada, and I'm all better again :) Tony

0Z Doc says, moles or no moles, Isaac is going to Bourbon St.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody seen HPC's latest map? I don't see how it makes any sense. It's as though they considered rain from both the easterly solution and the westerly one. I can't see how this much rain falls over such a large area.

I've been looking at that too, since the 5am EDT updates came out. I find it confusing/conflicting too. It's almost as if the HPC is not forecasting with the current NHC storm track in mind. However, tv forecasters have been emphasizing all night long, the massive radius of this storm, so maybe it's partly because of that. Still, I cannot fathom highest rainfall amounts actually occurring 100 miles east of where the landfall/post landfall track is expected.

I posted yesterday that RI would be able to start around 5:00 ish this a.m.. The eyewall is just about formed looking at latest recon, so now it's off to the races IMO. The ULL thats beeen hindering the storm yesterday off to it's SW has lost enough influence that it want be a drag on this thing ramping up. Not sure what the exact metric/threshhold is to qualify as RI. But I'm in the camp intensification is underway and should ratchet up this afternoon and tonight.

Anybody seen HPC's latest map? I don't see how it makes any sense. It's as though they considered rain from both the easterly solution and the westerly one. I can't see how this much rain falls over such a large area.

p120i00.gif

Looks like they slashed it considerably with the morning update. I went from 4 inches to .25 inches in a just a few hours. However, if the Nam or CMC is correct (which is asking more than a lot), then the new progs will bust too low.

Isaac appears to be one of those storms that is fraught with obstacle after obstacle, concerning its development...constant dry air, unabating shear, land interaction, etc... I think Cat 1 status is about the best it will do. Would love to get some substantial rains from it, but that has looked less likely over the last few model cycles.

In the winter, a lot of times you will see a significant SW show up in the longer ranges which digs enough to generate a storm/deeper trough/precip. Then, it disappears or appears weaker for a few cycles, only to show back up as we close in. If the same sort of thing happens in the summer, it wouldn't shock me to see a little but of a deeper trough start to show up which might pull Isaac a little farther to the east after landfall than currently shown.

Hey, CR, yep, I agree this story isn't fully written yet per the trough. Though seeing what might be coming after, I guess it is possible this could end up being the bust before the bashing :) It is certain, I enjoy the uncertainty, lol, just maybe not as much, when it might be frozen :) T

I hear ya man. Let's get all the waffling out of the way before winter. The new Nam makes landfall around NO at hour 36 and keeps it there the balance of the run. If that were to verify, there would be some Biblical flooding there.

I hear ya man. Let's get all the waffling out of the way before winter. The new Nam makes landfall around NO at hour 36 and keeps it there the balance of the run. If that were to verify, there would be some Biblical flooding there.

12z GFS keeps the remnants spinning slowly about the Lower Ohio perhaps part of the TN Valley into Day 7-8....

CR, your thoughts from yesterday, or the day before don't seem so far off, at least as of now. Perhaps you scoffed at yourself a bit too early, unless it takes a hook back, to find us some decent rains....and now the even the Nam is not so certain. Of course, I usually don't classify1, 2 or 3 inches as hurricane rains, but that's been all I've gotten out of more than a few...and if it's tropical in nature, brought in by the storm, it counts :raining: T

EURO and CMC spread the love with plenty of rain for most of us in the SE

Also:

I think we have a very good consensus, for now....NOLA to Gulfport...and I think drifing/moving NNE or N through MS....GFS is an outlier drifting this WEST after landfall.

More and more I look at things, I wonder if Isaac ends up stalling near the mouth of the Mississippi and eventually gets sheared northeast by the mid-latitude flow by the weekend?

EURO and CMC spread the love with plenty of rain for most of us in the SE

Also:

I think we have a very good consensus, for now....NOLA to Gulfport...and I think drifing/moving NNE or N through MS....GFS is an outlier drifting this WEST after landfall.

yea Robert has on his site we will get a good amount of rain

More and more I look at things, I wonder if Isaac ends up stalling near the mouth of the Mississippi and eventually gets sheared northeast by the mid-latitude flow by the weekend?

Last night I was thinking the same thing when a couple of the models had it roaring up to NOLa then screeching to a halt, and peeling off to the NE. I think the Nam had that, and one other a kind of halt and stutter to the NE. I was thinking how cruel would that be...scaring the heck out of those poor people. T

looking at current radar it looks like most of the heavy rains are far to the east of the eye. there is a lot of moisture to be wrapped around overnight so i believe most of the moisture east will get caught in the front moving through which will push it east over us in nc.not that this means anything but according to my local mets inhouse model we in south eastern carolina are suppose to go through heavy rains starting tommorow and the good deal of wednsday. with all that heavy rain pretty much on the east coast of florida makes me believe the left over will move ne over us instead of n according to the models...jmho

Archived