joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late June 2012 storms

Ian

LWX is hopping

HV BEEN RCVG MULTIPLE...MULTIPLE REPORTS OF DAMAGE W/ THIS LN. 00Z

IAD SNDG SHOWED 4400 J/KG OF CAPE...WHICH IS NOW BEING TRANSLATED

INTO SVR TSTMS. DC/BALT TV METS - PLS KEY ON THE WIND/DAMAGE PTNL.

IAD 00Z SNDG SHOWS AN 850 MB TEMP OF +24. OUR SCIENCE OFFICER DID

A STUDY OF 52 YRS OF DC AREA SNDGS - A TEMP THIS WARM AT 850 HAS

ONLY OCCURRED 6 OTHER TIMES. OBVIOUSLY W/ APRCHG LN...DAMAGE REPORTS

COMING OUT OF W.V. ...AND AMT OF CAPE IN THE MID ATLC WE ARE

CONCERNED W/ THIS LN.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No power. Heard sirens all over. Flashed the flashlight out back and only one small branch down that I can tell. The lightning is insane. With no radar, crappy "smart" phone wanabe there is nothing behind after this line went through right?

Right worst is over until tomorrow I still have power

No power. Heard sirens all over. Flashed the flashlight out back and only one small branch down that I can tell. The lightning is insane. With no radar, crappy "smart" phone wanabe there is nothing behind after this line went through right?

We are good...just rain behind the line of storms. The cloud to ground lightning was just sick in Frederick with those severe storms ahead of the line. I saw the sky turn green 3 or 4 times...might have been your neighborhood. Hope you get power back soon.

Sitting in the dark now. Gusts probably up to 80 with numerous trees down around the neighborhood. Lasted for a good 10 minutes. Saw power flashes and heard transformers booming. Id say that ranks as one of the best storms ive been through here in roanoke. Hope they get power on before the heat kicks in again tomorrow.

Not much rain back here. Haven't measured my can, but it would appear to be about a quarter of an inch. We need much more than that.

I got 0.4" in my gauge and agree it seems we got more than that. Perhaps the wind blown sheets of rain got blocked by the house and didn't reach the gauge? Either way, I'll take a half inch...we needed it bad.

From my 13th floor balcony in Ballston, much ruling, winning, and general awesomeness.

One of the advantages of city living is not losing power, which I'm beginning to appreciate (especially since I have a reef aquarium).

Only disappointment I guess was no loud thunder or visible bolts.

Archived