joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late June 2012 storms

Ian

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god... I was outside and it sounded like a freight train approaching filled with crackes of falling trees. I got whacked with such force it threw me off my feet and before I could recover another gust caught me from the side picked up my porch chairs and threw them into a corner tossed them into the air and came right back at me and knocked me in the head and hand (have a battle wound) before it was lifted up whole thing was picked up in the air and was thrown 40 feet into the back yard over porch railing. Called it in LWX and conservatively estmiated 65 mph. It was probally more like 75 - 80 but thee hasn't been any that high today in the area. Im without power though which has only happened once before during Isabel. By far the absolutely terrifying derecho ive ever experienced.

Absoutely ripping rain and unreal wind and lightning.

Just heard a transformer blow to accompany our power going out, so I would say I am properly fooked.

Congrats! Nothing more than a little wind and rain up here. Cell split and worst went south

The damage here is pretty bad. Easily the worst I've seen since I moved here. Very lucky. I have a 10 in (or so) locust that snapped about 20 feet up and is on the ground within 3 feet of my truck. Did a little walk around with the flashlight and its easy to see that my neighbor and I are going to busy with the chainsaws tomorrow.

I wish I were in your shoes. I went grocery shopping this afternoon and will lose everything in my fridge at the very least. plus no a/c or hot water for sleeping or showering. total suckage.

still raining, thundering, and lightning here.

I'm sorry :(

Archived