• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late June 2012 storms

Ian

total disaster. we got overtaken by the line before getting to shelter. one of the scariest weather moments of my life sprinting through trees as they were bending sideways along the tidal basin.. then my camera dropped out of my bag and my phone is soaked.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

total disaster. we got overtaken by the line before getting to shelter. one of the scariest weather moments of my life sprinting through trees as they were bending sideways along the tidal basin.. then my camera dropped out of my bag and my phone is soaked.

Dude. That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it. Hopefully, the camera is okay and the phone dries out, but if it's one or the other, I'm rooting for the camera. Phones are easy and your photos are awesome.

Hope that it turns out good for you.

I heard of folks putting the phone in a bag of rice for a couple days to help dry it out.

Yeah...camera is rhe main concern,Ian. Was it the big boy or the 60? Did ya have coverage?

If you got good video on the card....maybe it won't be all for not!

As for the AC check the relays/circuit breakers if only part of the power is out.

It was the Mark II. :( It seemed to still work but if it does in the end I'd be shocked. It fell out of my bag and slammed on the ground then I ran through pouring rain with it in my hands for a few minutes. I don't know if there is coverage.. was a present. I never filled out the warranty stuff. Have never had a problem with a camera. I guess I was due.

I didn't get anything I don't think. Shot stuff as it wsa coming in so maybe caught transformers blowing. Took some vid on my iphone but who knows if I'll get that.

We have a list serv.. sounds like it's a problem in the whole complex. It's just peculiar as half of my power including computer/tv/fridge is on.

My dog is also totally freaked. I guess I should have figured that might happen.

I still have to write the forecast too!

This was shockingly poorly forecast before it was ongoing. I think I mentioned several times in this thread that we probably wouldnt know until pretty close in but still.

This was shockingly poorly forecast before it was ongoing. I think I mentioned several times in this thread that we probably wouldnt know until pretty close in but still.

For the general public, tomorrow will likely be as poorly done. The only reason I knew of the potential was because of this forum.

Sorry about the camera. :(

30% hatched on new outlook for wind.

this is one of those times i guess we gotta hope their reasoning for not mod risking right now come together. i love storms but i think i could go with a miss tomorrow.

this is one of those times i guess we gotta hope their reasoning for not mod risking right now come together. i love storms but i think i could go with a miss tomorrow.

What do you think they will do (not hope). Power out all around my neighborhood.

Two deaths in Springfield...one in a car, one in a house, both from trees. Amtrack suspended all service between DC and Philly because of track damage/trees down.

Power never even flickered for me (not that I'm complaining).

Surprisingly little damage in my neighborhood but power out from here to Calverton essentially. One light at Fairland Road was on.

Just got an automated call from the Anne Arundel Code Red line asking people to limit water usage since county water plants don't have full power.

I think that's the first time we've gotten a call from that service for anything relevant. Last time was an emergency message to remind us our trash collection was going down to one day a week.

Sorry about the camera and the phone (makes sense why i never heard back from you after our last text before the storm came in)

Also sorry to those who are still without power this morning - hope it gets repaired quickly!

Archived