joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cu field in CT now sweep out and N. Marine contamination's going to make it difficult even in CT now. But ... with the front tending to stall could train with elevated instability kicking after dark. Less SB ...but could be somethin'

It's the lesser story but this is a pretty epic temperature bust for N-NE Mass... FIT isn't even 70F yet.

all the way to the coast Scott ? What's the rough timing on it ?

Timing? I'll be inside at an event without being able to use internet from 6:30 to 9...hope I don't miss anything too good.

the question is can we get any discrete cells to form ahead of it for some real fun

Just got into work so will have to look.

2 for 1 special?

Cheshire fairgrounds getting flattened again?

:lol: yeah Cheshire hasn't seen a tornado since that one in 1997. If you go back to 1950, there was actually a period when we averaged about one a year, and then since the late 1980's we've only seen two or three.

I'll give my parents a call in a bit probably. They're also on the NW side of Keene ... perfect. Maybe some hail

Cu field in CT now sweep out and N. Marine contamination's going to make it difficult even in CT now. But ... with the front tending to stall could train with elevated instability kicking after dark. Less SB ...but could be somethin'

It's the lesser story but this is a pretty epic temperature bust for N-NE Mass... FIT isn't even 70F yet.

dude what

lol I don't think so

There's a wind shift that moved through with the sea breeze front but HFD is still 31/22. We're fine.

Hes saying we aren't getting ****.

Even though the thermometer may not reflect it, seeing the cu field fleet N and leave it completely clear behind an obvious arcing axis as it punches N is equally clear indications that some kind of stablizing influence has arrived - that's most likely some marine contamination.

It's a S wind in May, what does one expect.

I'm not saying you aren't getting anything at all, just that the surface based instability stuff up N ain't going to be your thing. You may get residual stuff later on.

I knew today was probably gonna be a daytime bust in CT when I went outside this morning and saw absolutely cloudless skies, not a speck of a wisp of a cu to be seen anywhere. Never a good sign. Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get a light show tonight as a small consolation prize.

I have close relatives in Bradford and Corinth VT... Sure wish I was up there now.

tough call for wiz....stay put and have possible golf balls overhead shortly...or head north and hope to catch up to those cells moving ENE which offer a better wind/rotation threat

Renssaeler County where he is rarely disappoints. It's in the same league as Bennington County in SVT as far as a severe storm magnet goes.

19Z RAP increases EHI over western Mass in the next 4 hours

anyone have thoughts on potential for western half of Mass early evening?

cell in southeast NY / north of Monitcello not doing much yet

I suspect it is doing so because as you can see by hi res loop there is a southerly component punching N out of western/central CT; meanwhile mid lvl vectors are average W or WSW.

As for later this evening... Heights should start to fall more actively toward 22-00z. Should outflow and or contamination from LI S not mute, there could be a window there for SB stuff. Otherwise, probably have to wait for residual/diurnal type thermodynamic stuff.

Archived