• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread II

Baroclinic Zone

It even shows up vaguely on hi res vis imagery as colorization scale moves N now. Also, that strata/fog bank that was originally charging toward the coast has in the last 2 frame of the loop, halted and begun moving back NE.

I'm such a nerd haha. These kind of subtle changes are really neat to me.

Also, I can see TCU now on the west Nw horizon in association with the now defunct (becoming that way) boundary. I am wondering if that zone might fire here -

I enjoy this as well, also because we got an angry phone caller from Rockingham County complaining that his high was in the 70s but he was fog/stratus/drizzle and 59. I really hope we can slosh it back that far north.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoy this as well, also because we got an angry phone caller from Rockingham County complaining that his high was in the 70s but he was fog/stratus/drizzle and 59. I really hope we can slosh it back that far north.

The Salem, NH RWIS plummeted almost 10F in the past 60-70 mins or so and our Methuen friend here has been rebackdoored so we're losing our window for that I think.

The Salem, NH RWIS plummeted almost 10F in the past 60-70 mins or so and our Methuen friend here has been rebackdoored so we're losing our window for that I think.

Yeah, we're fighting the late day trend of the marine layer creeping back inland. The persistent supercell generator in Cheshire County isn't helping matters either.

Ha! tool -

Looks like we are getting a BD push yet again ...jesus, it's the 3rd one of the day. It will be interesting if that boundary coming up from the S collides -

Ha! tool -

Looks like we are getting a BD push yet again ...jesus, it's the 3rd one of the day. It will be interesting if that boundary coming up from the S collides -

It's pretty cool to watch or even drive through these boundaries. I see it and experience it all the time near BOS...whether it be coastal fronts or seabreeze fronts.

Winds picked up out of the NE here in Andover too.

292125 BKN009						10		  64  61 0508												  
292111 FEW009						10		  66  61 0411												  
292054 CLR                          10		  68  61 0410		 077									  
291954 CLR                          10		  76  64 0807		 080

That's Lawrence .... A little west of Andover. Cold cut right back in over the last hour.

It's pretty cool to watch or even drive through these boundaries. I see it and experience it all the time near BOS...whether it be coastal fronts or seabreeze fronts.

I got that last week heading home to Ayer.. .It was 66 and was driving up the Arlington Height region of Rt 2 with the windows closed. I started to feel hot and just sort of instinctively put the back of my hand against my driver-side window and the window felt warm out around Concord area. I look up at the car thermometer and there I was driving along at 84F with the windows closed.

Archived