EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Help us Obi-One-Marchobi... You're our only hope 3/1 Fantasy

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how it will screw it up this time. Meteorologically speaking I could see it getting too sheared out and turn into a disorganized 1-3" event with sleet and then the leftover vortmax doesn't produce anything except upslope snow for powderfreak because it tracks north of us.

I hope I'm not jinxing it, but I feel like the screw potential in this is a little less overall, but the sheared out look is probably a concern. I'd almost want to get the second storm cranking.

18z GFS is still warmer than other guidance but it definitely cooled a good amount...it now gives some front end advisory snows (esp pike northward) before the flip. Def a trend toward the EC/GGEM/Ukie.

can you get off the euro for a minute and let me know if your coming back to Moneyball baseball

I hope I'm not jinxing it, but I feel like the screw potential in this is a little less overall, but the sheared out look is probably a concern. I'd almost want to get the second storm cranking.

Yeah I think the worry would be having the front running stuff get sheared a bit so that by the time the MLs warm, you only get an inch or 2 of junk...and then round 2 never really materializes. Or its disorganized the whole way even if you stay cold enough in the MLs.

Its still possible this cranks enough to endup looking like the 12z GFS solutions...but just from a purely synoptic standpoint with the confluence being where it is, you'd like to favor the colder envelope of solutions. There will still be a heck ofa ML push from the southwest, so I do feel like there should be a good slug of precip with all that isentropic glide.

Yeah I think the worry would be having the front running stuff get sheared a bit so that by the time the MLs warm, you only get an inch or 2 of junk...and then round 2 never really materializes. Or its disorganized the whole way even if you stay cold enough in the MLs.

Its still possible this cranks enough to endup looking like the 12z GFS solutions...but just from a purely synoptic standpoint with the confluence being where it is, you'd like to favor the colder envelope of solutions. There will still be a heck ofa ML push from the southwest, so I do feel like there should be a good slug of precip with all that isentropic glide.

Exactly why the screw potential is relatively low here. We have a very good high for once, not only supplying cold, but thatresultant isentropic lift should give us a decent little event, anyway.

Yeah case and point the other day. We knew the euro was probably to dry with that theta-e push. I didn't think the models were too paltry with the front end stuff, so that's good I guess.

Exactly why the screw potential is relatively low here. We have a very good high for once, not only supplying cold, but thatresultant isentropic lift should give us a decent little event, anyway.

Yeah you want good temp gradients in SWFEs to produce the better results as the lift is usually more intense when you are running a 60-70 knot LLJ into a brick wall.

Exacty. Have a good high and fun can happen. Don't forget highs enhance fronto genesis and therefore precip.

I wonder how it will screw it up this time. Meteorologically speaking I could see it getting too sheared out and turn into a disorganized 1-3" event with sleet and then the leftover vortmax doesn't produce anything except upslope snow for powderfreak because it tracks north of us.

That scenario has my vote right now, as most likely to screw us. But this looks pretty good to me right now

That scenario has my vote right now, as most likely to screw us. But this looks pretty good to me right now

Yeah I was going to say the vortmax leftover is too weak and fails to produce anything at all...but I figured it wouldbe even worse if we missed out on good potential and then have to have powderfreak tell us all how good the event is less than a week after they get 4 feet of upslope snow.

Yeah I was going to say the vortmax leftover is too weak and fails to produce anything at all...but I figured it wouldbe even worse if we missed out on good potential and then have to have powderfreak tell us all how good the event is less than a week after they get 4 feet of upslope snow.

:lol: good point

You can see the impulse over the NE Pacific on water vapor loops. Pretty impressive jet streak diving SSE up there.

I tell what would be an impressive thing is if that comes in more intense than the assimilation sounding. I don't think the Canadian part of this is going anywhere, so if a strong entity comes in to the South, it would be pretty dramatic later on.

GEFS also trended toward Euro and company...overall I think today's trends were very nice. Hopefully we can hold serve or better until tomorrow night when it starts to really become a serious threat if it is still looking good.

It's a very serious threat now..It's not like we see one model showing it..Every model has it

t's a very serious threat now..It's not like we see one model showing it..Every model has it

Well I think there is no doubt that a storm of some kind impacts the northeast...but the question is whether its a significant snow event or not...we could still get mostly rain or maybe it turns into a sheared mess.

Well I think there is no doubt that a storm of some kind impacts the northeast...but the question is whether its a significant snow event or not...we could still get mostly rain or maybe it turns into a sheared mess.

Whats the best potential Will, whats the best we can get out of a system, or systems like this? It'd be nice to fire up the snow blower even once this winter.

Whats the best potential Will, whats the best we can get out of a system, or systems like this? It'd be nice to fire up the snow blower even once this winter.

Well if everything breaks right, I suppose a Euro type solution last night that gave a solid 10-15" to a large chunk of the region....but that is if everything goes right which is very unlikely.

But while its not exactly saying a whole lot, this has a chance to be the biggest event of the winter (sans October)...but lets wat and see if its still viable at this time tomorrow.

Archived