• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Help us Obi-One-Marchobi... You're our only hope 3/1 Fantasy

HoarfrostHubb

Classic clip. Well we're heading to NYC by late morning....24 hours late thanks to the bug that both my wife and I contracted but thankfully is almost gone now. Starting to feel the 3/1 event. The modeling reminds me of the big March event in 1996. At least we won't be 57 the day before. I'm liking it.

Glad to hear you're feeling better..That norovirus is attacking many peeps this year.

Just imagine Scooter looking down embarassed....telling you to look away.he's the elephant man..he's hideous

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

box seems to thik winter may be back in the cards....the february futility snow records may be falling by the wayside...i kinda hope it all waits til March 1 for bitching rights lol

that snow that i saw and walked in down in se ct yesterday was like cement! gross! bring on the deep powder :) :) :)

Any snow is good snow

As long as everyone remembers that March is not a winter month...yeah, that's it...

March is a weird month. You can throw out a lot of those MJO analog stuff since you can have fluky cutoffs that lead to paste bombs. I guess that's the fun part about it. Starting to see signs of that on the op runs too with some high ampltiude ridging out west and lows in the east.

BOX must be riding the euro. They have all snow/sleet in my forecast and don't even mention rain.

They did mention they were going a Euro/GFS compromise which would probably be snow and sleet here with very little rain (if any). But they also mentioned all the caveatsthat so much can change at this time frame...I am not even getting any expectations for anything yet. If we still have it on Sunday night, then I will probably start.

WED THRU THU...THIS MAY TURN OUT TO BE A FAIRLY COMPLICATED SCENARIO

WITH QUASISTATIONARY FRONT NEAR SOUTH COAST OF NEW ENGLAND AND

POSSIBLY A COUPLE OF SFC LOW CENTERS MOVING ALONG IT. ECMWF HAS A

COLDER THERMAL PROFILE THAN THE GFS. BLENDED THICKNESSES BETWEEN THE

GFS AND ECMWF MODELS WITH TILT TOWARD THE MORE CONSISTENT ECMWF.

THIS COULD POTENTIALLY BE A CHALLENGING PTYPE SCENARIO WITH SNOW

NORTH AND RAIN SOUTH WITH MIXED IN BETWEEN. MOST OF

AREA...HOWEVER...MAY CHANGE TO SNOW BY LATE THU OR THU NIGHT BEFORE

ENDING WITH SFC LOW PROBABLY STRENGTHENING SE OF ACK. HAVE ALSO

BLENDED TIMING BETWEEN THE 00Z ECMWF AND THE 00Z GFS. THIS EVENT IS

FAR ENOUGH OUT WITH CONSIDERABLE UNCERTAINTY WITH REGARD TO

QPF...THERMAL PROFILES...AND TIMING. THE LARGE SCALE TRENDS WOULD

POINT TO AT LEAST SOME WINTRY PRECIPITATION.

Apes.

It was too light on qpf..but had everything generally correct

In all honesty the euro had the right idea, but the GFS was kind of a compromise. It was definitely to wet across my area, but the euro virtually had no snow for CT. It was not a great moment for the euro, but I still think it's an overall better model. But once again, it's guidance and you have to sort of blend everything together.

Archived