• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Help us Obi-One-Marchobi... You're our only hope 3/1 Fantasy

HoarfrostHubb

Yeah Tip I mentioned that flow across Canada earlier..how it's more west to east and would probably prevent a cutter. Rex-ish looking like you said.

You have to forgive me - I woke up at 11am this morning and started pounding the keyboard ... I am sure that the astute posters have been onto that... But I felt like doing the annotation anyways -

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I think more importantly the way it buckles north fo the lakes...it shows the ability for confluence much better than the GEFS. Hopefully they have the right idea.

More entertainment at this juncture than anything else.

I hope it's not the euro bias of digging troughs too much over se Canada. It sometimes loves to do that. But I see what you mean with the buckling aspect. It allows for that trough to dig a little more se and help out with confluence.

You have to forgive me - I woke up at 11am this morning and started pounding the keyboard ... I am sure that the astute posters have been onto that... But I felt like doing the annotation anyways -

Oh no...I didn't mean anything like that..just that I think we are seeing similar things.

Sure does - absolutely! It's called transitive relationship. By having that feature there, it causes upstream events in Canada to buckle - kind of like mountain ranges. The land initially deforms by tectonic stress, but then you get several parallel cordilleras in rows - each successive cordillera is transitively related to first in the series; they exist because of the first... That same exact logic applies here.

By having a deep trough in there, immediately upstream events deform, and then events upstream from those deform and on and so on.

Yeah Tip I mentioned that flow across Canada earlier..how it's more west to east and would probably prevent a cutter. Rex-ish looking like you said.

Scooter, is this what you mean? wrt Rex-ish?

One thing I really like about this ...well, 2 things: First time this season we've seen this sort of thing on the charts. I like uncharted waters because just about ANYTHING has to be better than the completely f* 'ed up road of consistent pitfalls and axle snappers we've come. Staggering persistence that surgically removes snow... I mean, now we're getting wind, rain, thunderstorms, and yes...at least "cold enough" thicknesses, yet this thing about not snowing is getting creepy/eerie.

I think though the more important of the two things I like about this is the consistency of the Euro solutions (a notion assisted along by the fore-mentioned stability of Rex and Rex-like configurations).

Scooter, is this what you mean? wrt Rex-ish?

Dave - not speaking for Scott, but "Rex-like" refers to just the immediate domain space of the ridging N at same longitude as trough S.

This stuff I was discussing about transitive events in the atmosphere is more related to Ginx' point about N Atlantic scenario causing a back-log - so to speak - in Canada.

Still has the 2nd round but doesn't quite go as nuts with it maybe an additional 3-6. At this point the worry should be with the initial burst and where it trends as beyond that is more speculative.

On the phone, but is it really similar? Like I said earlier I'll consider it a win if it holds serve and it sounds like it did. Still lots of time left.

On the phone, but is it really similar? Like I said earlier I'll consider it a win if it holds serve and it sounds like it did. Still lots of time left.

Its almost identical with round 1...maybe 3 miles north with the sleet line? Its really close.

In round 2 it has a slightly little piece of vorticity that runs out ahead of the closed low which limits the development of the 2nd low...its still decent but didn't quite have the bigger qpf. But at this point the details are kind of irrelevant...esp with round 2.

Its almost identical with round 1...maybe 3 miles north with the sleet line? Its really close.

In round 2 it has a slightly little piece of vorticity that runs out ahead of the closed low which limits the development of the 2nd low...its still decent but didn't quite have the bigger qpf. But at this point the details are kind of irrelevant...esp with round 2.

Cool thanks. I guess we can't really be too excited yet, but at least it kept continuity.

Archived