joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Help us Obi-One-Marchobi... You're our only hope 3/1 Fantasy

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll give it a chance to move south because confluence might help and the shortwave trough might dig, but I'm not holding out hope yet. Definitely not as torchy as 12z.

Yeah, I was comparing 00z @ 108 to 12z @ 120 and I actually thought 00z would be a better solution (colder) for sne. It was, but it didn't help much in the snow department. Like you said, this still has a chance to move south though, the euro is a little further south.

Yeah, I was comparing 00z @ 108 to 12z @ 120 and I actually thought 00z would be a better solution (colder) for sne. It was, but it didn't help much in the snow department. Like you said, this still has a chance to move south though, the euro is a little further south.

I'm totally spent right now. If it happens..great, but I just don't hold out hope until it gets close. If next winter is somehow snowy, I'll probably be divorced because I became involved with snow instead of my wife.

I'm totally spent right now. If it happens..great, but I just don't hold out hope until it gets close. If next winter is somehow snowy, I'll probably be divorced because I became involved with snow instead of my wife.

LOL. I have spent way too much time on here. At least I'm learning the more I post here, but man I've used up so much of my winter on here.

LOL. I have spent way too much time on here. At least I'm learning the more I post here, but man I've used up so much of my winter on here.

You are definitely learning. You can always tell if someone has a clue or not when they post. Even if you are unsure, you're always willing to learn the basics. It's amazing to think what some people know now at the age of 18, as compared to what I knew when I was 18. Internet FTW.

You are definitely learning. You can always tell if someone has a clue or not when they post. Even if you are unsure, you're always willing to learn the basics. It's amazing to think what some people know now at the age of 18, as compared to what I knew when I was 18. Internet FTW.

I appreciate all your posts on here. And agreed, internet FTW.

:lmao:

Someone has had a rough day/week/month. Just take a step back and appreciate the good things in life.

I appreciate all your posts on here. And agreed, internet FTW.

You are young and it shows at times. Not a negative. I'll be honest, I'm not educated in the weather sciences but time/patience and a willing to learn and be accepting of criticism has helped. Keep your emotions and ego in check and be willing to accept criticism and it goes a long way.

:lmao:

Someone has had a rough day/week/month. Just take a step back and appreciate the good things in life.

Well obviously I'm just adding some humor, but these winters are a nice slap of reality and make you appreciate the good winters.

I love winter. I love tracking storms, seeing how they evolve, and enjoying the eventual outcome. I welcome the 50mph gusts after a 2-4" clipper bombing to the east and heralding in 5F temps. I just enjoy active weather. Winter is the season I look forward to, so to have a crappy winter is disappointing, but boy it makes you cherish the good ones.

Well obviously I'm just adding some humor, but these winters are a nice slap of reality and make you appreciate the good winters.

I love winter. I love tracking storms, seeing how they evolve, and enjoying the eventual outcome. I welcome the 50mph gusts after a 2-4" clipper bombing to the east and heralding in 5F temps. I just enjoy active weather. Winter is the season I look forward to, so to have a crappy winter is disappointing, but boy it makes you cherish the good ones.

This has got to be THE worst tropical\winter couplet of my life.

Dreadful, dreadful year.

I miss the 1995 tropical-winter orgy....and how about the '04 tropical season-'04-'05 winter-'05 record tropical season...not to mention the Pats 2 consecutive SB (3 in 4 years) and the Sox 1st title in 86 years.

That 2004-2005 stretch will never be repeated from a sports\weather continuum perspective.......hopefully neither will this year's.

Your post was fitting. I always love a great winter season. As someone who is not educated in this, I've learned to enjoy tracking systems that have no bearing on me. My emotions typically never get in the way of most things in my life, including weather. I appreciate weather for all the good and bad that it brings since it is so unpredictable, which is part of the allure.

First time in your three years on here...says something.

The upside of this is about 2-5" imo....we aren't pulling a Dec 16, 2007 this season.

Hopefully it ends up being a "who cares" icer in the farms of n ORH co because I'm all set with 3-4" of glop, followed by drizzle.

Hopefully this is as bad as it can get around here. I never thought I'd potentially get shutout two out of three met winter months.

Make no mistake about it....I hope I never experience another winter like this again in my life, nor am I glad that I am experiencing it right now.....BUT, since I am and it does blow this badly, may as well see a little history made at the expense of a couple of entirely unremarkable slush jobs.

14" and holding at KALB. This year could be the #2 most snowless for them. #1 was like 13" so an all time futility record was never gonna happen. It could be the most snowless "met winter" period. That would require some investigation.

Someone will have to show me how to donate my $20 to the board....in all likelihood. LOL

Hopefully this is as bad as it can get around here. I never thought I'd potentially get shutout two out of three met winter months.

I'd gladly take '01-02 over this.

14" and holding at KALB. This year could be the #2 most snowless for them. #1 was like 13" so an all time futility record was never gonna happen. It could be the most snowless "met winter" period. That would require some investigation.

Someone will have to show me how to donate my $20 to the board....in all likelihood. LOL

:)

It looks like the previous Euro runs that gave us 3-6 on the front end except its a bit colder, so we never flip and then it takes the remaning energy and redevelops a coastal much like the GFS and GGEM did on their 00z runs tonight...which prolongs the precip. Its like a 36 hour event.

Except far enough south so ALB to BOS gets a snowstorm. Why do I think this will either slip north into that VT/NH/ME area or conversely end up so suppressed that it hits the MA. LOL

It looks like the previous Euro runs that gave us 3-6 on the front end except its a bit colder, so we never flip and then it takes the remaning energy and redevelops a coastal much like the GFS and GGEM did on their 00z runs tonight...which prolongs the precip. Its like a 36 hour event.

At least its 114-132 and other models somewhat agree.

The general agreement is there, but the Euro has a notable difference in the confluence being stronger north of NNE which forces the low in the lakes to string out and give us a pretty decent snow event and then allow the leftover enrgy to produce a 2nd round of good snow (though the other warmer models do this as well after the torchier SWFE solution).

Ensembles are very similar to the OP...the OP has a smidge more confluence, but the difference is irrelevant at this stage when talking about an ensemble mean and given its a 120 hour prog...the ensemble mean would still be a lot of snow...maybe a touch more sleet into SNE in round 1 of the front ender if you wanted to get verbatim.

If we could get this still on board by Sunday night, then we might have something on our hands.

Ensembles are very similar to the OP...the OP has a smidge more confluence, but the difference is irrelevant at this stage when talking about an ensemble mean and given its a 120 hour prog...the ensemble mean would still be a lot of snow...maybe a touch more sleet into SNE in round 1 of the front ender if you wanted to get verbatim.

If we could get this still on board by Sunday night, then we might have something on our hands.

You called a more active pattern. Now we have it. Time to cash in. I'm happy as long as it snows here or MRG.

Archived