e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Help us Obi-One-Marchobi... You're our only hope 3/1 Fantasy

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again the key thing to watch is how consistent the models will be over the next 3-4 days. We are only seeing gradual shifts northward and southward, not the huge run to run discontinuity we were seeing with the system last week.

I'm working on a blog update to my website, but looking at a d(prog)/dt map will really highlight how much more stable this solution is in comparison to the model uncertainty last week. We still have a long way to go, but its certainly a positive sign to see model convergence already starting to occur at this time frame.

Yea. Nice setup, just counting the runs down. If Mondays 12 Z is good, have to lock in then. High terrain VT is going to get crushed in the next 14 days with system after system. Funny how Nina just pooped up. Lol on the long term GFS cold though.

Well that's great about no man's land, but hopefully we get something down this way. We'll need a more srly solution here.

Again the key thing to watch is how consistent the models will be over the next 3-4 days. We are only seeing gradual shifts northward and southward, not the huge run to run discontinuity we were seeing with the system last week.

I'm working on a blog update to my website, but looking at a d(prog)/dt map will really highlight how much more stable this solution is in comparison to the model uncertainty last week. We still have a long way to go, but its certainly a positive sign to see model convergence already starting to occur at this time frame.

Last week was just awful...actually the last few weeks with such a messy flow. This time, no srn stream ULL and the flow in Canada with that Rex looking block, I don't think we'll have to deal with s/w's trying to phase with this storm and muck up guidance. It's almost like bowling. Mother nature will throw us the ball (ULL) and we just got make sure it stays straight and not wobble up or down so that it's a strike.

Euro steady as a rock...a slight shift south for part 2 but given part 2 is in the 114-126 time range, small shifts are pretty irrelevant at this point. I think overall it was a shade stronger with the confluence this run which IMHO is probably better than seeing this go back warmer at this time range.

Euro steady as a rock...a slight shift south for part 2 but given part 2 is in the 114-126 time range, small shifts are pretty irrelevant at this point. I think overall it was a shade stronger with the confluence this run which IMHO is probably better than seeing this go back warmer at this time range.

Part 1 is kind of strung out, but part 2 I thought looked a bit better. The only thing I don't really admire is the inv trough look that part 2 has. I think that's just how it may be if the confluence forces the ULL to get squished and force that inv trough look. I still worry about the strung out look to this whole thing. Hopefully part 2 won't dismantle and end up looking formidable as it passes under SNE.

Part 1 is kind of strung out, but part 2 I thought looked a bit better. The only thing I don't really admire is the inv trough look that part 2 has. I think that's just how it may be if the confluence forces the ULL to get squished and force that inv trough look. I still worry about the strung out look to this whole thing. Hopefully part 2 won't dismantle and end up looking formidable as it passes under SNE.

I would have liked to see a bit more qpf from part 1 verbatim but at this time range its probably no use in nitpicking...the overall idea of this system has stayed the same for the most part and I'm sure we'll see a lot more subtle shifts in either direction coming up. Part 2 def has a higher ceiling though given that the ULL energy will have a chance to take an ideal track underneath us.

I would have liked to see a bit more qpf from part 1 verbatim but at this time range its probably no use in nitpicking...the overall idea of this system has stayed the same for the most part and I'm sure we'll see a lot more subtle shifts in either direction coming up. Part 2 def has a higher ceiling though given that the ULL energy will have a chance to take an ideal track underneath us.

Yeah I know it's nitpicking, but just one of the downfalls of these types of situations. But it's a catch 22. A more wound up system and less confluence brings the whole thing overhead like the 12z GFS. It's a long duration deal too with maybe a little OES type deal in between.

Archived