e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Help us Obi-One-Marchobi... You're our only hope 3/1 Fantasy

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys... I posted a thread up on the main weather and discussion forum discussing why I think the model uncertainty should be less this week than the last few since we won't be plagued with split flow phasing, and the current shortwave is already pretty amplified as it comes into the United States, so it should be handled well in the modeling. This post is more or less a copy from the blog update I've made on my own website, where I've also highlighted some key features that will come into play for this system as we move into the early part of this week. It might be a bit early for an outlook map, but I think given the model consistency, it can't hurt too much to go over the general setup. Way too early to discuss accumulations though.

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/local3.html

outlook.png

Dude trust me, it looks fun....lol.

The second low is really starting to interest me. If that remains rather formidable and not strung out as it moves under us, it had the chance to really drop siggy snows. I do like the colder trends.

I have a feeling by the end of Thursday you are going to be over 30,00 posts

Phil I see you posting. If it's not propitiatory, can you drop the link to those models images you posted in your thread? I think those would be cool for people to see. I actually had that book marked, but I'm not sure where I placed it.

A lot of the images come from Kyle Griffin's model page. Really awesome resource because you can go back 2 weeks in time for any model field and he has d(prog)/dt maps below as well. One of the servers crashed at SUNY Albany last weekend, so there are like 3-4 missing images in the 2 week loops, but everything is running smoothly again now.

Here is the main link: http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/kgriffin/maps/

A lot of the images come from Kyle Griffin's model page. Really awesome resource because you can go back 2 weeks in time for any model field and he has d(prog)/dt maps below as well. One of the servers crashed at SUNY Albany last weekend, so there are like 3-4 missing images in the 2 week loops, but everything is running smoothly again now.

Here is the main link: http://www.atmos.alb.../kgriffin/maps/

I like the d(prog)/dt the best, but it's a cool site. The SUNY ALB site has some good stuff buried in it, when you play around in the site. Thanks man.

i wonder what the chcs are this thing gets squelched even further south.

I wouldn't be shocked if it ticked south a little more, but at the same time, it might put us in a bit better into the deformation zone and higher mid level RH like the GFS shows. However, you don't want the high to cause a lot of strong low level drying which sometimes happens.

How many hours before you put away the flags?

I would think by this time tomorrow we can evaluate further and see what we have. It's not a clear cut case with the first batch of precip WAA driven, and then the second part due to both WAA/and PVA from the 500 low. Basically the second part is more of a classic deal.

It's a really weird storm. It's just elongated and strung out, and then the final hurrah dumps like 6-12"..lol.

I'm trying to think of a good analog storm where there 2-3 waves and just continuos snows.. The only one close maybe is Feb of 2008 (I think that was the year) where it snowed almost everyday for 1 week in an otherwise crappy winter

I'm trying to think of a good analog storm where there 2-3 waves and just continuos snows.. The only one close maybe is Feb of 2008 (I think that was the year) where it snowed almost everyday for 1 week in an otherwise crappy winter

Will sent me this.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/NARR/1993/us0113.php

It was kind of a pike north deal iirc, because my area in Brockton had a messy mix.

Archived