Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Weekend Storm Discussion 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot like hell on the surface though.

I wouldn't worry about surface temps, that's the last thing to worry about and will likely be a function of dynamics. It's faster ejecting the energy out south, and not as prgressive with the PV and associated nrn stream energy, thus a more robust solution. Still some work to do, but makes you wonder what the 12z euro will show.

but still OTS, it is better than 06z, but the solution and timing is the same as 00z

I think it goes OTS cause of all that h5 energy shooting down into the Plains acting as a kicker... if we could get that to slow down a lil it should come closer to a EURO type solution... if I am wrong, correct me please

I think it goes OTS cause of all that h5 energy shooting down into the Plains acting as a kicker... if we could get that to slow down a lil it should come closer to a EURO type solution... if I am wrong, correct me please

There is no block to the north on the GFS like the Euro shows. The weakened low up north on the Euro creates a ridge from low level waa which allows the system to come up the coast. The GFS doesn't have this feature, it is too zonal pushing it OTS.

There is no block to the north on the GFS like the Euro shows. The weakened low up north on the Euro creates a ridge from low level waa which allows the system to come up the coast. The GFS doesn't have this feature, it is too zonal pushing it OTS.

To explain further, the GFS is showing a low over NS of 984, 00z had the same low at 980. We need that low to be weaker.

oh just a 500 mile shift in the precip this run

True dat, but imo it's more of a function of the gfs keying on the correct vorts and timing them better. It's probably a little unfair to say the gfs is terrible because of a 500 mile shift in 6 hours. I know exactly what your saying though but alot of folks here will not understand what just happened with the gfs.

Euro sniffed the connection first and now the gfs is starting to see the same thing. Man I hate a relatively flat flow with vorts just zipping along.

True dat, but imo it's more of a function of the gfs keying on the correct vorts and timing them better. It's probably a little unfair to say the gfs is terrible because of a 500 mile shift in 6 hours. I know exactly what your saying though but alot of folks here will not understand what just happened with the gfs.

Euro sniffed the connection first and now the gfs is starting to see the same thing. Man I hate a relatively flat flow with vorts just zipping along.

Hard to think that either one of them is on to anything reliable. This is still a long way out this year.

Hard to think that either one of them is on to anything reliable. This is still a long way out this year.

Honestly, I think it is time to start "believing" in a sense. Sure alot can go wrong but it is very hard to discount what the gfs shows @ h5 now. Seeing both models converge on somthing similar with this type of setup is a bit encouraging. You can't really say one is out to lunch anymore.......now we have to say both are out to lunch. :P

Archived