• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Weekend Storm Discussion 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

Yeah but wasn't the 12/26/10 system modeled a few days before then the models lost it and brought it back again. It wasn't like it was never there before and then just appeared 48 hours before the event.

If i remember correctly it was modeled and then lost but it was no where near as strong as it ended up when it was first modeled. It means nothing for this system and who knows how this will end up we just have to wait till probably tomorrow night or Thursday and then we will know. No sense in trying to find other events that happened in the past, that has no bearing on this outcome nor was the setup or the factors the same.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raven

Your right..the dec 26 storm came back to life 48 hours before the event. Forgot about that one..and for good reason:(

The feb 2006 storm had nothing till Wednesday noon runs and that storm started Saturday evening

Euro had 2/2006 OTS close to the event. But that ridge/trough alignment was better and the ridge was big. No real surface high though.

for a Major storm that beings on Saturday night or Sunday morning....You should know by Wednesday 00z that its coming. What big storm do you remember that was only modeled 2 days out where Thursday there was nothing...Friday showed a storm and then the storm started 48-60 hours later?

I don't think many of us are banking on a major storm here. Our socks could get knocked off with tonight's and tomorrow's runs but I think todays 12z suite added some clarity. Flow is consistenly being modeled a bit flat to think we have a decent chance at a solid hammering. I'm just focused on the hp around the lakes to deliver just enough cold air and having the system bloom large enough over nc/va tidewater to put us in a solid .25.50 stripe.

Off topic a bit but this is one odd nina. If you look at the snow depths in the colorado rockies it just doesn't paint a nina picture. I saw this earlier this year but was told that regular nina climo should kick in later in the season. Here we are in mid Feb and another string of closed lows keep cruising through the sw and adding to the precip totals in az, nm, and sw colorado. I guess the good part about this is that it's indicative of a healthy split flow and that's exactly what we need to get a decent event in the ma.

Of course I'm hoping that tonight's and tomorrow's runs build on a more amped system but I have plenty reservations.

Archived