12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...somehow I still have about a 1" snowpack. Those ZR events a few weeks ago made it bulletproof and we avoided the brutal torches. It's useless snowpack that you can't do anything with though except look outside and say "yeah...it's white." With a solid next 6 weeks I can still somehow hit my average, but it's obviously not looking promising.

A few terrible looking, small weenie patches in my front yard. We have a big, towering pine that shades it a bit. Other than that and a couple of manmade piles near my driveway, it is brown and dull as a typical mid-November

To think we started off so well:

I can't believe how well it has worked out to downplay everything. I downplayed DC yesterday aftn. I began to downplay RIC a bit this morning. Maybe RDU is the only exception...lol.

Fwiw I took no offense to ur posting style the last few days....it never has changed...I saw ur post to me.....I just was talking to you guys about what might be the problem.....I had no hope for this threat and its a fitting end to a miserable winter...sub forums are here to stay and that's fine. They have help and hurt us.....personal perspective also plays a roll....still this site offers the best info for weather and some top notch mets......no reason for anyone to go anywhere else.....

NE would be better off if you left. You are like an albatross...

jk I was really thinking you would see 75"+ this season

Hey you guys had some good seasons when I was in Vermont, like 08-09. And Middlebury still managed to see above average snowfall in 09-10 because of the 1/3 retrograding bomb despite the elephant.

We could still get to 75" here, just need 30" more and that's definitely possible with a decent March.

Too warm because the mid level centers go to your NW. It doesn't mean much anyways since the Euro is alone on this. The ens cut the primary through E ON/W NY.

Do we pick up any front end or back end snows on the ensemble track?

The thing that sucks this season is that the Monadnocks could normally start as snow on cutters/SW flow, but we've not had particularly cooperative airmasses. This may be another case of this.

If the mods enforced the standing rules there'd have been no problem. CT was left swinging in the wind for absolutely no reason. It's pretty bad when you have out of region guys even calling it like it was.

Christ Tip cannot even post one of his manifesto's without getting it now...everyones mental state is as fragile as eggshells.

Wayyyy too many posts on this subject.

I can't quite tell.... do you think there's a double standard or not?

And about Tip, of course we are going to give him crap for posting a 9 paragraph manifesto about how we are all snow crazed loons. Its not that surprising, good winter or bad winter.

Thanks for sticking up for me guys. I would never troll..just looking for a good wx conversation when NE is boring :) I'm over it and fully think they're good guys down there,but maybe next time things could be handled differently...not a big deal at all.

PS- did the NCEP models take a beating or what!? Lol

Meanwhile currently 79F/69F here in ft myers :)

ENS push a 998 thru Buf though.

Yeah that is looking more likely as of now... but I do like that CT Blizz's all mighty Euro is on our side for at least one run, lol.

The snow board is all set up and ready to go for a big one (photo from this morning). Just need to get the Euro to hold serve for 6-7 days. No big deal.

Good times at Cold Misers Mardi Gras last night. Incredible house. Lots of very disappointed snow weenies there. It was very refreshing to me to talk with folks who love snow after dealing with work folks who talk about spring and how nice this winter has been all day.

Steve, TB and myself (and Steve hitting on my friend Lauren). This is probably the 3rd or so party that Kevin responded "yes" to and didn't show up. I'm used to it by now and wrote him off as soon as he responded.

Sure, it's OT, and if you guys want to move or delete the photos be my guest (I'm no stranger to getting stuff deleted), but I figure not much else is going on so why not throw them here as I'm not going to start a new thread about my party.

Archived