Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to have a constructive dialogue about this in OT. However, I've been banned for some unspecified infraction. Maybe you can get me reinstated.

I think I've told you a few times, told might be too strong, advised, don't bother. You can't win, just let it go. This is a mid atlantic clique board through and through, hell they have another board dedicated to talking about this one. I'm sure DBM was ablaze all about your banning. Trust me, we know how this ends and like you, I also don't like to take it, but like you I am also banned from OT. Being right doesn't matter, doing nothing worse doesn't matter. What matters is part of this place is a strange and odd place where logic takes a back seat and sticking up for oneself is met with the hammer. Just let it go, enjoy what you truly enjoy and let them do their thing that they are going to do regardless. You win anyway Pete, because you actually do something that you love and truly love what you talk about. From what I see, that isn't always the case. sorry mods, my last word on the matter.

Let's firm up Monday if still happening. I can only go to the Beast until about 1 or so, my wife has a docs appt. I wouldn't be against pushing it off 2 weeks until we get a good snowfall, lol.

While this sounds like a good idea in theory, we all know how this story will end. It will start out o.k., followed by the "skimarge" is this and all of his buddies are that, with the whole thing eventually disintegrating into another regional war.

Last week, prior to the VA storm, I gave a few harmless congratulatory posts that were deleted within 30 seconds of them being posted. Others were doing the same type of posting, but I suppose my state of origin did not give me the right to have my say within a MA forum.

EDIT:

On topic, 33F and mostly sunny.

LOL. Kind of astounding isn't it? Those posts are bad, pseudo threats of physical violence is fine long as it's against new englanders.

I fight with Pete more than anyone but it's pretty clear the MA has their own set of rules and our guys don't have the power to complain.

LOL. Kind of astounding isn't it? Those posts are bad, pseudo threats of physical violence is fine long as it's against new englanders.

I fight with Pete more than anyone but it's pretty clear the MA has their own set of rules and our guys don't have the power to complain.

In the end, I really could give a crap what anyone thinks of me, unless they get real personal (as what started last fall in OT over some butt cleavage image).

As far as MA and their own set of rules, I've heard others from that region state the exact same thing with regard to New England. I suppose it's all relative to what someone views and how they interpret things on their end.

Cheetah is right. As much as Pete may want to continue the discussions, he really should swallow his pride and let it go. Getting into lengthy skirmishes on an internet forum are just a waste of time and energy. When you've got a person who just sits in front of his keyboard all day with his entourage (this is how I envision some of these guys) backing him up vs. a guy who goes out and works, and plays hard for a living, the keyboard player will most likely win the battle.

In the end, I really could give a crap what anyone thinks of me, unless they get real personal (as what started last fall in OT over some butt cleavage image).

As far as MA and their own set of rules, I've heard others from that region state the exact same thing with regard to New England. I suppose it's all relative to what someone views and how they interpret things on their end.

Cheetah is right. As much as Pete may want to continue the discussions, he really should swallow his pride and let it go. Getting into lengthy skirmishes on an internet forum are just a waste of time and energy. When you've got a person who just sits in front of his keyboard all day with his entourage (this is how I envision some of these guys) backing him up vs. a guy who goes out and works, and plays hard for a living, the keyboard player will most likely win the battle.

I know but it's the premise that I think as a region we donate as much money - some of you for many years - and we are the red headed step child. Kev cannot post a hotdog when we're 800 miles from the nearest precip, but that region can rip and burn.

I like all of our mods etc, but I just have the perception they are afraid to take action in someone elses turf. I wonder if anyone has ever given any thought to appointing an out of region mod as a permanent backup to each sub region so there's always a set of eyes not looking at a friend or drinking buddy.

Totally spur of the moment comment/observation. I have a 6yo here and I love getting to see her all psyched for snow. I truly thought their excitement made them seem more human. I was wrong. If I wanted to taunt/troll them I would have told them they were cooked and that the MA is a sorry place to live if you like snow and cold. That wasn't my intent at all.

I agree with you here. From what i read, it seemed like it was blown wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion. It would be nice to have one forum if you ask me instead of the regional ones. Nice to interact with others with a different point of view sometimes.

The mid-atlantic can be a good place to live if you like snow and cold if you pick the right spots. Parts of SW Virginia actually average more snow per year than BOS or BDL and other sites.

I know but it's the premise that I think as a region we donate as much money - some of you for many years - and we are the red headed step child. Kev cannot post a hotdog when we're 800 miles from the nearest precip, but that region can rip and burn.

I like all of our mods etc, but I just have the perception they are afraid to take action in someone elses turf. I wonder if anyone has ever given any thought to appointing an out of region mod as a permanent backup to each sub region so there's always a set of eyes not looking at a friend or drinking buddy.

Yes and no. I know I have acted on reports in other regions. For myself personally and I am sure the others, we will usually see if reports are dealt with by a local moderator first before deciding to act on them. No knowing the posters from other regions and the dynamics of each sub-forum warrant this. Don't you recall the debacle we had a few months ago in here? Not sure we want to have a repeat of that.

Yes and no. I know I have acted on reports in other regions. For myself personally and I am sure the others, we will usually see if reports are dealt with by a local moderator first before deciding to act on them. No knowing the posters from other regions and the dynamics of each sub-forum warrant this. Don't you recall the debacle we had a few months ago in here? Not sure we want to have a repeat of that.

Who suspended Pete?, transparency right?

Cool just glad it wasn't you. My question is, how many times can I rake my lawn, holy boring.

Am I among the few that finds wx boredom just fine? I mean life is so full without the wx it enables me to focus better on those areas, plan day and overnight trips without fear of missing something, and in generally being a better rounded person when when I'm obsessing and losing sleep. Life is good, snow or no snow.

Am I among the few that finds wx boredom just fine? I mean life is so full without the wx it enables me to focus better on those areas, plan day and overnight trips without fear of missing something, and in generally being a better rounded person when when I'm obsessing and losing sleep. Life is good, snow or no snow.

Notify the authorities - someone's hacked Jerry's account!

Notify the authorities - someone's hacked Jerry's account!

Joe's got Jerry gimp balled and is typing on his computer.

I guess my point Bob is there never should have been a need to report anything, at least two admins were actively posting as all of this went on in that thread. I guarantee you if Kev started saying some of the things said to SNE'ers he'd have been in the penalty box with Pete.

Holy boring is right. Even a fantasy 300hr gfs blizzard would be nice. And with increasing sun angle, boredom becomes apathy.

Though still bitter CTBlizz stole my futility record thread.

Agree with Jerry... this hobby can be so consuming when it's active... having such a long respite does wonders for productivity and relationships.

Tornado chase in May is booked.

OT so i just popped what i thought was 3 anti inflammatory's in a ibuprofen bottle in gf's bathroom. nope vicoden script was in there....not having best of afternoons but this board is helping me :) lol (thankfully i've been told they were not high mg tabs) apparently she had her script taken by her cousin (who has a key a month ago) so she hid her replacement script.

ya weather looks great...more of nothing or chasing BL spritsers in the street lights at 3 am to decipher if its frozen or liquid .

Indeed. Instead of plowing, shoveling and skiing almost every day like I normally do, this winter we/I actually had the time to put a second bathroom in at our house and I have almost three cords of wood left to date. Now, if we can get through mud season relatively unscathed, maybe this winter won't have been such a bad thing. It will snow a lot again, of this I am sure.

OT so i just popped what i thought was 3 anti inflammatory's in a ibuprofen bottle in gf's bathroom. nope vicoden script was in there....not having best of afternoons but this board is helping me :) lol (thankfully i've been told they were not high mg tabs) apparently she had her script taken by her cousin (who has a key a month ago) so she hid her replacement script.

ya weather looks great...more of nothing or chasing BL spritsers in the street lights at 3 am to decipher if its frozen or liquid .

If your girlfriened's definition of "hide" is to put one type of pill in another bottle, I guess I have not been hiding things correctly for all of these years.

mostly cloudy, nice day on the links although chilly, just nice to be able to get outside and actually do something without mud or frozen ground, teeing it up again tomorrow, should be a great deal warmer.

took advantage of the heated driving range down the road from me yesterday and pounded the driver silly

hopefully i can get out w/ my grandfather a few times this year

could have played non stop w only a few days of snowcover this winter

took advantage of the heated driving range down the road from me yesterday and pounded the driver silly

hopefully i can get out w/ my grandfather a few times this year

could have played non stop w only a few days of snowcover this winter

Nice! Looking forward to tomorrow, forecast here is 56 and partly sunny, should be an absolute gem.

yes dave no thrilled...and dave thx (end of year pass) i called them at 230 to get the details.

don't think i'll do it only because i think the snowpack is about to dissapear quickly with many torches in our future

give me blocking or give me death w nina

If Vicodin is the one with codeine in it I get roaring headaches from taking it. I could get shot in the leg and take it and my leg would feel great but the head just pounds.

I really can't take any of that stuff. Oxycodone (percocet not hillbilly heroin) makes me sleep for 15 minutes, wake up 15.01 later thinking I've been asleep all night until I fall asleep again 5 minutes later and repeat the process until I'm hosting a webcam show with Charlie Sheen and I stop taking it.

Luckily I don't have to worry about getting hooked....

Well that's a relief, my 80 year old farmer neighbor told me we are in for more winter weather before spring arrives.

Nice day but the clouds came too early out here.

36/20. I'm convinced that the frozen beaver pond tucked against the hills behind the house acts as a refrigerator for this neighborhood.

Can't wait until I can afford a Davis and then watch my temp profile up on Wunderground against the other local stations.

If Vicodin is the one with codeine in it I get roaring headaches from taking it. I could get shot in the leg and take it and my leg would feel great but the head just pounds.

I really can't take any of that stuff. Oxycodone (percocet not hillbilly heroin) makes me sleep for 15 minutes, wake up 15.01 later thinking I've been asleep all night until I fall asleep again 5 minutes later and repeat the process until I'm hosting a webcam show with Charlie Sheen and I stop taking it.

Luckily I don't have to worry about getting hooked....

Yeah the codeine based pk's leave me headachey and nauseous. If you have a real pain situation tell your doc you want tramadol for the pain - less side effects and potent. I got an arm full for kidney stones a few years ago and I went from writhing on the ER floor to happy face patient.

Personally I shy away from most non-natural medicinal agents. I do find Ibuprofen and a glass of high end bourbon to be just as effective as most pk's.

ya i think the worst is over right now....i'm glad i was able to keep my big breakfast and lunch down and i'm hopefuly the effects are completely gone by like 8pm so i can workout.

anyway i'm hoping i can get up to stowe and use my 2 nite stay package/gift but with the euro being the outlier model still lookin like rain then

Archived