joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sucks in some respects that people form other forums take it as a negative when someone offers up some valid opinions on models or whatever. it's just human nature and we have to deal with it.

On one hand you said you didn't even read where CT was getting **** on in the other thread but you manned up enough to insult me. So you had no idea in what context the things were being said - even though Dave offered an unbiased opinion and in the end it got worked out as my posts were mistaken. The NAM and probably all the models scooting SE/flatter at the very end shouldn't be a shock, it's been happening all winter for whatever reason with even the Euro usually showing nudges flat at the end. That's not weather talk?

You put up a post about not insulting people and then turn around and do it. Way to practice what you preach. If you want to take me to task about the weather side, please do it at the time. If you think I said something that was too negative, again say it at the time. It's so lowbrow to come back and take that shot after the fact. If you feel that strongly at the time say it.

I guess it just bothers me you had no idea in what context comments were made and what was said to CT and yet had to toss in your own insult.

LOL, this storm for the mid atlantic is acting like are storm did last weekend. Now models are favoring NC for the best snow LOL.

Exactly right. It's slunk flatter in tight like every single event up here since Octoberfest. It would have been inappropriate to say that until the Euro came out, weenies could be offended.

I don't know what it is, or why it's happening but the model slants are pretty easy to predict this winter. It's almost like the old times.

LOL, this storm for the mid atlantic is acting like are storm did last weekend. Now models are favoring NC for the best snow LOL.

The 00z euro was awful for them. There's very little precip where the BL is cold enough to snow now. It looks like primarily a mountain event at quick glance to me.

Report the posts so moderators can deal with them. We are not just sitting here browsing the threads. If the replies offered a valid scientific response than tough ****, deal with it. if they were a personal attack and weenie reply that the post should have been reported and a moderator would have dealt with it the way they felt it should.

I browse the different forums when something is not going to have an impact on my region because I am here because I still find any event interesting to track. Also, in the event of a storm impacting my area, I can gather info from the other regions as to what it might do in Pittsburgh.

The problem wasn't the fact that CT went down to the MA and made a post..the post was absolutely fine. The problem is that the admins on that board did nothing about the bashing that he got from a bunch of the regular MA posters...and that the rules seem to apply differently to different people.

Ji, for example posted "we don't even need mets anymore...we should just use the European" yet, the post was not even deleted, and to my knowledge, the biggest weenie on the board has never been 5 posted. How does that make sense?

I just think if you are going to have guys down there that post rules, well, they should be followed by those guys...it has always been my biggest complaint on this board, the apparent double standard of different posters have different rules. A guy like PhineasC should have been 5 posted for his attack of CT...but never will happen. The same thing has happened to me before, and when I flat out asked the admins about it, I got ball busted about it...(granted, after a while I did take a pot shot at them because they ****** me off, and I made a reference to Marcus) and told to shut up.

In any case, that is my thoughts...I could also go into thoughts that I think it is absurd when there is a storm that is going to impact multiple regions that everything gets compartmentalized into the regional forums...2 days out, take it to your regions, but 5 days out, given the variability of what a storm may or may not due from that time frame, I think discussions should be on the main board.

I browse the different forums when something is not going to have an impact on my region because I am here because I still find any event interesting to track. Also, in the event of a storm impacting my area, I can gather info from the other regions as to what it might do in Pittsburgh.

The problem wasn't the fact that CT went down to the MA and made a post..the post was absolutely fine. The problem is that the admins on that board did nothing about the bashing that he got from a bunch of the regular MA posters...and that the rules seem to apply differently to different people.

Ji, for example posted "we don't even need mets anymore...we should just use the European" yet, the post was not even deleted, and to my knowledge, the biggest weenie on the board has never been 5 posted. How does that make sense?

I just think if you are going to have guys down there that post rules, well, they should be followed by those guys...it has always been my biggest complaint on this board, the apparent double standard of different posters have different rules. A guy like PhineasC should have been 5 posted for his attack of CT...but never will happen. The same thing has happened to me before, and when I flat out asked the admins about it, I got ball busted about it...(granted, after a while I did take a pot shot at them because they ****** me off, and I made a reference to Marcus) and told to shut up.

In any case, that is my thoughts...I could also go into thoughts that I think it is absurd when there is a storm that is going to impact multiple regions that everything gets compartmentalized into the regional forums...2 days out, take it to your regions, but 5 days out, given the variability of what a storm may or may not due from that time frame, I think discussions should be on the main board.

What attack on CT and who is CT that went to the MA forum?

Not you

Ctsnowstorm

He and Messenger were beat to a pulp and left in a pile of their own vomit

To be fair if we had a potential snowstorm miss us in the last 48hrs the last people I'd want to be in here to discuss our fail would be the MA...so it goes both ways. I didn't see all of the posts, but I think it's best to just let them deal with the fail on their own. We've been experts in that department lately.

Archived