joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man did not realize the new generation of dick wads that existed.

Moderators need to moderate or take the storm mode down. Sorry but the selective moderation sucks. It's pathetic and sad that people that donate to the forum cannot supposedly post outside their region, even if they have a vested interested in an area through family, previously living there etc. It's f'ing childish. I lived in Philly for various periods over a few years, have friends and family still in the "mid atlantic"

Holy crap, it's Max! Yo! We need to gtg for a beer. You around this week?

I wish. My new route started in Cohasset and Hingham. I just put a down payment down on a van this week. I just started a business DBA at Lasership. I'm going to be hiring people to take other routes for me. Name of my business is "Benchmark Distribution"

I wish. My new route started in Cohasset and Hingham. I just put a down payment down on a van this week. I just started a business DBA at Lasership. I'm going to be hiring people to take other routes for me. Name of my business is "Benchmark Distribution"

You want to hire a sales rep or 2. and pay "him" 100k+?

Nice! I'm psyched for you. Too bad work has taken off for us right now. Add that to one of my co-workers leaving at the end of the week permanently. Beyond busy. You no longer on my route?

Moderators need to moderate or take the storm mode down. Sorry but the selective moderation sucks. It's pathetic and sad that people that donate to the forum cannot supposedly post outside their region, even if they have a vested interested in an area through family, previously living there etc. It's f'ing childish. I lived in Philly for various periods over a few years, have friends and family still in the "mid atlantic"

Here's the problem. We are not on at all times and are not sitting here browsing threads. We rely on the members to report posts to do our job. Sure we are lax at times in our moderating, but we are all human. Midlo is on vacation and has asked that we fill in for him.

Here's the problem. We are not on at all times and are not sitting here browsing threads. We rely on the members to report posts to do our job. Sure we are lax at times in our moderating, but we are all human. Midlo is on vacation and has asked that we fill in for him.

That's not entirely what I meant though. If someone makes a weather post on a weather thread and gets ripped for it...the storm mode rules state what they state. But that's not what happens. Flip it around and have MRG go make a flip post down there ****ting on someone and he'd get banned in an instant by the regional centric mods.

You guys want to know where the problems start...that's where. Because it's so bad now nobody can post outside their region. I've never gotten in the middle of any of the regional stuff and it's frustrating to get ripped by people talking about "our threads" as if they own the damn site.

What's the sense of donating.....I'd love to see a breakdown of donations by "subforum"...

This. Due to money issues, I can't donate but man the moderating down there is pretty sad, considering the people who own this forum aren't even doing their jobs.

That's not entirely what I meant though. If someone makes a weather post on a weather thread and gets ripped for it...the storm mode rules state what they state. But that's not what happens. Flip it around and have MRG go make a flip post down there ****ting on someone and he'd get banned in an instant by the regional centric mods.

You guys want to know where the problems start...that's where. Because it's so bad now nobody can post outside their region. I've never gotten in the middle of any of the regional stuff and it's frustrating to get ripped by people talking about "our threads" as if they own the damn site.

What's the sense of donating.....I'd love to see a breakdown of donations by "subforum"...

Incorrect. MRG was given a timeout for trolling in the MA forum. I disagree with your assessment about posting outside your own forum. People do it all the time on this forum. I've done it as well. The only time we as moderators should step in is if its a personal attack or trolling or useless banter in storm threads. We rely on the members to report posts that members feel are against board rules.

I'm sorry if you feel we aren't doing our job to your standards.

This. Due to money issues, I can't donate but man the moderating down there is pretty sad, considering the people who own this forum aren't even doing their jobs.

I take offense to this. They are people I know and friends with and they take this site seriously. The MA subforum moderator is on vacation and we've been asked to fill in. Report posts you feel are against the rules.

Incorrect. MRG was given a timeout for trolling in the MA forum. I disagree with your assessment about posting outside your own forum. People do it all the time on this forum. I've done it as well. The only time we as moderators should step in is if its a personal attack or trolling or useless banter in storm threads. We rely on the members to report posts that members feel are against board rules.

I'm sorry if you feel we aren't doing our job to your standards.

There were several cases of personal attacks today and last night. Teling people from other regions to basically stay outa their threads.

And I am not talking about posts attacking trolls. People were offering model analysis in model threads and getting slammed just because they are not from that region.

There were several cases of personal attacks today and last night. Teling people from other regions to basically stay outa their threads.

And I am not talking about posts attacking trolls. People were offering model analysis in model threads and getting slammed just because they are not from that region.

Report the posts so moderators can deal with them. We are not just sitting here browsing the threads. If the replies offered a valid scientific response than tough ****, deal with it. if they were a personal attack and weenie reply that the post should have been reported and a moderator would have dealt with it the way they felt it should.

I take offense to this. They are people I know and friends with and they take this site seriously. The MA subforum moderator is on vacation and we've been asked to fill in. Report posts you feel are against the rules.

Did not mean to offend you Bob. I was not aware of the fact he was on vacation, but some people were extremely hostile last night for no reason just because some SNE posters did some analysis that they didn't want to hear. I figured maybe Randy or Ian could have stepped in, but Baroclinic did a good job. You guys work hard, and i know its hard to catch everything, but some SNE posters were extremely disrespected last night.

So, my bad for offending you. I didn't mean it in at all.

Report the posts so moderators can deal with them. We are not just sitting here browsing the threads. If the replies offered a valid scientific response than tough ****, deal with it. if they were a personal attack and weenie reply that the post should have been reported and a moderator would have dealt with it the way they felt it should.

Understood. To be clear, nobody posted anything towards myself. Just seemed odd that during storm mode it happened several times. The posters being attacked were not saying anything that I would consider rude/weenie/trolling.

I will sit on the sidelines and hope some folks down south get a nice snow event.

Did not mean to offend you Bob. I was not aware of the fact he was on vacation, but some people were extremely hostile last night for no reason just because some SNE posters did some analysis that they didn't want to hear. I figured maybe Randy or Ian could have stepped in, but Baroclinic did a good job. You guys work hard, and i know its hard to catch everything, but some SNE posters were extremely disrespected last night.

So, my bad for offending you. I didn't mean it in at all.

These storms bring out the best and worst from posters/members. From both sides (moderator/member), its not an easy thing. To step into another forum to offer up your opinion will give people the chance to give a positive/negative response. I was not on last night so I have no idea what went down. Sometimes the best thing to do is step away and not take it personal. That does not make the poster correct but that can/will be dealt with but the staff.

These storms bring out the best and worst from posters/members. From both sides (moderator/member), its not an easy thing. To step into another forum to offer up your opinion will give people the chance to give a positive/negative response. I was not on last night so I have no idea what went down. Sometimes the best thing to do is step away and not take it personal. That does not make the poster correct but that can/will be dealt with but the staff.

Didn't really know the power of the 'report' button. I kind of figured if a Mod. saw the disrespectful posts they would have disciplined the person(s). Oh well, next time i know.

You will generally get a fairly harsh reaction if you do not normally post in that region's threads and offer up analysis that has already been given by several mets or other posters...I didn't see specifics as I was out in Boston last night, but I know its happened in the past and if that happened again, I can say I wouldn't be surprised at the conflict there.

You will generally get a fairly harsh reaction if you do not normally post in that region's threads and offer up analysis that has already been given by several mets or other posters...I didn't see specifics as I was out in Boston last night, but I know its happened in the past and if that happened again, I can say I wouldn't be surprised at the conflict there.

It's sucks in some respects that people form other forums take it as a negative when someone offers up some valid opinions on models or whatever. it's just human nature and we have to deal with it.

I think it's just kind of pathetic how it happened. I mean, whatever, it's not like it really means anything, but its disrespectful and just overall immature. Most posters are good people, but i mean when you come at someone like that, there's an issue if the attacker isn't disciplined in some way.

It's sucks in some respects that people form other forums take it as a negative when someone offers up some valid opinions on models or whatever. it's just human nature and we have to deal with it.

Its one thing to hear from Costalwx, and another to hear ctsnowstorms opinion .....I highly doubt ct would have anything better to add then scooter....also does not help when a few post are "nam ugly for dc, just a dead ratters winter" to me that is not good cross regional input

Archived