• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

Its one thing to hear from Costalwx, and another to hear ctsnowstorms opinion .....I highly doubt ct would have anything better to add then scooter....also does not help when a few post are "nam ugly for dc, just a dead ratters winter" to me that is not good cross regional input

IMHO, the posts that were getting hit were normal model discussion, offering a modicum of analytical insight.

Of course Coastal, Wes, etc crush what the amatuer/student's can determine, but they were valid.

Messenger getting slammed today was completely uncalled for.

If it was someone like me claiming my analysis was better than anyone's, I would deserve to be crushed. That was not the case, though.

Fortunately, a few folks backtracked on their statements. Anyway, I wish Wonter 2012 would get it's act together.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its one thing to hear from Costalwx, and another to hear ctsnowstorms opinion .....I highly doubt ct would have anything better to add then scooter....also does not help when a few post are "nam ugly for dc, just a dead ratters winter" to me that is not good cross regional input

I agree that scooters analysis would be better obviously, but someone 3/4 done with his degree has a right to say something and not be killed for saying it. Sorry.

IMHO, the posts that were getting hit were normal model discussion, offering a modicum of analytical insight.

Of course Coastal, Wes, etc crush what the amatuer/student's can determine, but they were valid.

If it was someone like me claiming my analysis was better than anyone's, I would deserve to be crushed. That was not the case, though.

Fortunately, a few folks backtracked on their statements. Anyway, I wish Wonter 2012 would get it's act together.

Messenger gets slammed by us here. He's giving the the other subforums a taste of what we deal with.

Unfortunately messenger posting style does not help the cause.....just like litchfield has a way to spin it, that gets a few of u. Granted ctsnowstorm may be one volleyball class away from being a met, but sub forums have increased the defense.....it was not this bad on eastern....sub forums have killed group discussion....I agree about the winter...let's just move along to spring....hope u guys get a april storm....it would ne nice to see someone get it.

Unfortunately messenger posting style does not help the cause.....just like litchfield has a way to spin it, that gets a few of u. Granted ctsnowstorm may be one volleyball class away from being a met, but sub forums have increased the defense.....it was not this bad on eastern....sub forums have killed group discussion....I agree about the winter...let's just move along to spring....hope u guys get a april storm....it would ne nice to see someone get it.

I also hope that nobody feels we are purposely trying to wish the storm away by posting negative thoughts. I think some people may feel that way, but I'm pretty sure ctsnowstorms, or messenger wasn't trying to do so. If you don't like their style, that's one thing..but I hate that some feel that way.

Messenger gets slammed by us here. He's giving the the other subforums a taste of what we deal with.

Yeah because all those optimisitc posts worked out so well this winter.

The people you think are your friends here **** on you all the time elsehwere...just a heads up Bob, mainly because they think you aren't a very good mod. What you just said was totally uncalled for and didn't represent what I said on that forum at all today. Really a douche post by you.

Allsnow I said nothing negative in those posts at all. I didn't speak about any specific location or region, or any amounts. Just posted a map for christ sakes that was animated. Honestly, weather fanatics are a twitchy bunch and earn their reputation.

I agree

I also hope that nobody feels we are purposely trying to wish the storm away by posting negative thoughts. I think some people may feel that way, but I'm pretty sure ctsnowstorms, or messenger wasn't trying to do so. If you don't like their style, that's one thing..but I hate that some feel that way.

I openly wish it would never snow on Mt. Tolland ever again. My juju in that regard

jk

He shouldn't though. While I don't always agree with his opinion, analysis, style, he deserves our respect.

Just my $.02

I don't have a style Dave as you probably figured out long ago, I also am not going to sugar coat things to not hurt someones feelings. I don't control the weather, if someone wants to attack what I say on the standpoint of a weather discussion great I've got no problems with back and forth, but it's piss poor when moderators now insult people too.

And I actually stuck up for the guy when everyone else was crapping on him.

A huge part of the reason there is a sensitivity between regions is nothing was done within regions by the regions mods when the cross region crap went on in the last few years. So when someone else comes wandering in it's open season because people rightfully in that region think it's just more trolling. That's a fact, it got out of hand because of mods not willing to police their own.

I don't have a style Dave as you probably figured out long ago, I also am not going to sugar coat things to not hurt someones feelings. I don't control the weather, if someone wants to attack what I say on the standpoint of a weather discussion great I've got no problems with back and forth, but it's piss poor when moderators now insult people too.

And I actually stuck up for the guy when everyone else was crapping on him.

A huge part of the reason there is a sensitivity between regions is nothing was done within regions by the regions mods when the cross region crap went on in the last few years. So when someone else comes wandering in it's open season because people rightfully in that region think it's just more trolling. That's a fact, it got out of hand because of mods not willing to police their own.

I can't recall you getting hit like you were today here in SNE. I'm sure it happened. Happens to everyone, but that was strange.

Going back and forth with MRG or someone is one thing, and those are usually in jest, but an unprovoked slam by someone you don't know, when you were doing nothing wrong was lame.

I hope that what Bob said was in jest.

Well it was someones brilliant idea to start these sub-forums. I was perfectly happy before we had them.

Nasty here in Ocala ...car thermo says 84, (prob. several too high)...the approaching system has pumped up the ridge and we have lots blue mixed with a few fair weatherish clouds now as the band of showers pushed north of the peninsula. Fropa tomorrow morning I guess as I'm driving north ...destination Richmond area.

I can't recall you getting hit like you were today here in SNE. I'm sure it happened. Happens to everyone, but that was strange.

Going back and forth with MRG or someone is one thing, and those are usually in jest, but an unprovoked slam by someone you don't know, when you were doing nothing wrong was lame.

Well it was someones brilliant idea to start these sub-forums. I was perfectly happy before we had them.

Nasty here in Ocala ...car thermo says 84, (prob. several too high)...the approaching system has pumped up the ridge and we have lots blue mixed with a few fair weatherish clouds now as the band of showers pushed north of the peninsula. Fropa tomorrow morning I guess as I'm driving north ...destination Richmond area.

Hope you get to see some of "their" snow...lol

I like some aspects of the subforums (for organization), but the walls seem too high

I like MRG but part of what happened today is the result of his back and forth with that region. And again I will say it's the fault of the mods for not cleaning it up at the time within regions. I understand MRG and he does me, so when we go back and forth now for the most part we're doing it in jest...neither one of us has ever said anything personal.

What I said last night and today handn't been posted by anyone else, I checked before I posted. Nobody had discussed the 18z NAM at that point even though it was increasingly favorable for some. Nobody had really commented on the tendencies of the models earlier in the year up here. As it turns out we may see the very same last minute adjustments the wrong way like we have in tight here for several storms...but would you dare say that?

It's pathetic that what this has come to is having to worry about peoples emotional state while discussing science and weather. Honestly, it's embarassing and gives weather weenies a bad name. I doubt Harvey starts slapping Mike Lynch around or Bill B goes ape on his counterparts from Virginia because they're getting snow.

And sorry Will, it's absolutely psychotic that it's come down to you or anyone breaking down storms by region. What we've had to do here is gradually insulate one another because adults can't take Joe New Jersey getting snow while Ms. Delaware gets rain. It's so childish, it really is.

PSU Hoffman is cool, I have no problems with him, he misunderstood and I understand why he misunderstood.

My head is spinning from some of the comments. Some need to sit back and read what they wrote in context of the world around them. It's a weather discussion board, not myspace. I hope everyone gets snow and don't care who gets what. But I've shovled about 15 feet of blind optimism and 'hope for the best' and pattern change this winter. Maybe we need weather cheerleading subforums so those in distraught emotional states can get a rose colored glasses approach to the weather around them.

I suggested awhile back that we shoud have a way to make cross-forum threads at times.....example: such as when storms impact more than one area such as a joint NYC/PHL/DC thread that can appear in each sub forum. Certainly this must be technically possible. I'd obviously like it for Upstate NY and NE because most of our events coincide and the Upstate side is puny so why make a thread for 5 chatters in ENY.

Hope you get to see some of "their" snow...lol

I like some aspects of the subforums (for organization), but the walls seem too high

Well to narrow it down to one main issue... This may well be their only decent shot all winter in the MA and they know it. So it's gonna be stressful for them. I'm sure it's gonna be tense.

I like MRG but part of what happened today is the result of his back and forth with that region. And again I will say it's the fault of the mods for not cleaning it up at the time within regions. I understand MRG and he does me, so when we go back and forth now for the most part we're doing it in jest...neither one of us has ever said anything personal.

What I said last night and today handn't been posted by anyone else, I checked before I posted. Nobody had discussed the 18z NAM at that point even though it was increasingly favorable for some. Nobody had really commented on the tendencies of the models earlier in the year up here. As it turns out we may see the very same last minute adjustments the wrong way like we have in tight here for several storms...but would you dare say that?

It's pathetic that what this has come to is having to worry about peoples emotional state while discussing science and weather. Honestly, it's embarassing and gives weather weenies a bad name. I doubt Harvey starts slapping Mike Lynch around or Bill B goes ape on his counterparts from Virginia because they're getting snow.

And sorry Will, it's absolutely psychotic that it's come down to you or anyone breaking down storms by region. What we've had to do here is gradually insulate one another because adults can't take Joe New Jersey getting snow while Ms. Delaware gets rain. It's so childish, it really is.

PSU Hoffman is cool, I have no problems with him, he misunderstood and I understand why he misunderstood.

My head is spinning from some of the comments. Some need to sit back and read what they wrote in context of the world around them. It's a weather discussion board, not myspace. I hope everyone gets snow and don't care who gets what. But I've shovled about 15 feet of blind optimism and 'hope for the best' and pattern change this winter. Maybe we need weather cheerleading subforums so those in distraught emotional states can get a rose colored glasses approach to the weather around them.

They should have all the BOS TV mets wrassle...

The Boston TV mets don't act like they're 7 years old, that's why they all have high profile, good paying jobs and the social skills to match :)

When Harv was really becoming prominent in the 80s and 90s you knew he was from NYC even if you didn't know him because he'd always toss out some forecasts for that region if we were missing a storm and they were getting it. The excitement was still there for the storm. If he was on here anonymously and cross posted something he'd get slammed. That's a fact.

The Boston TV mets don't act like they're 7 years old, that's why they all have high profile, good paying jobs and the social skills to match :)

When Harv was really becoming prominent in the 80s and 90s you knew he was from NYC even if you didn't know him because he'd always toss out some forecasts for that region if we were missing a storm and they were getting it. The excitement was still there for the storm. If he was on here anonymously and cross posted something he'd get slammed. That's a fact.

Did not realize he was from NYC.

I was mostly a Ch 4 watcher until the early '90s or so for wx. Right now, my favorites are the NECN crew (well Matt N and Tim K). Harv is good, but I have not watched him much lately. I used to like Barry B a lot more, but he was tough to watch last year.

Of course now, I get 99% of my wx info from here and the models

And some act like they are 7

Did not realize he was from NYC.

I was mostly a Ch 4 watcher until the early '90s or so for wx. Right now, my favorites are the NECN crew (well Matt N and Tim K). Harv is good, but I have not watched him much lately. I used to like Barry B a lot more, but he was tough to watch last year.

Of course now, I get 99% of my wx info from here and the models

it was very noticeable in the old days...not bad in any way but even today if NYC is going to get hit and we're not you'll see he mentions it...

City College New York for undergrad and I think NYU for his masters but I don't remember exactly.

If he was here anonymously and posted in the NY forum or Mid atlantic forum with his moniker being from here he'd get ripped. You guys wonder why most of the high profile TV types stay away, some of you that know them, know it's the flaming that's a big part of it. There is absolutely no upside to them posting here as red taggers...guys like Noyes etc just do their own thing on twitter or their station page.

It absolutely sucks that it's coming down to not being able to post in subforums during events from other regions.

what is he comparing at 9 inches?

:lol: He's actually a cool guy who knows his stuff. I met him at my sister's friend's housewarming party. Don't let his tv appearances fool you...he is very much a weather geek.

I don't think WHDH likes their people to geek out...hence, they got rid of the ultimate geek, Todd Gross.

:lol: He's actually a cool guy who knows his stuff. I met him at my sister's friend's housewarming party. Don't let his tv appearances fool you...he is very much a weather geek.

I don't think WHDH likes their people to geek out...hence, they got rid of the ultimate geek, Todd Gross.

Pete's supposedly a terrific guy from those that I know that know him (outside the weather world).

Todd - I don't think many tears were shed when he was gone. I always liked him, but not sure he was that easy to work with.

Archived