joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The signs are everywhere, people have a hop in there step, thoughts of sun, fun, cold beer, convertibles and scantilly clad coeds are all ready to bust loose. The sun is now strong my friends, in three weeks the sun will be setting at 730, there is no mud season.

Its time to wash the car, thatch the lawn, rake the flower beds and buy some pansies!

Viva la Spring

If people want to have winter they should go wherever skiMRG and powderfreak live. At least I can see snow daily through skiMRG's truck windshield as opposed to daffodils pushing up through the ground here.

32/22, This one isn't through the windshield, one of the trails I ski tour on opens into it. It's a cool spot as I often see various animals there and the woods immediately surrounding it. You can move fairly silently on skis unless the snow is crunchy. Looks like we'll pick up several inches over the weekend. More fresh snow is always a good thing.

You do realize there's about 2 and half members in here that actually gets upslope right? One's a long haired d*** and the other loves action shots of skiing. So basically you made everyone else in here feel even worse.

skiMRG:

You are far less clever than you think. Your posts have been annoying from day one. You display little understanding of meteorology. You are the SNE forum's court jester. Perhaps you could start mixing barbiturates with all the alcohol you drink at night.

skiMRG

What's the problem? Don't you still have long hair? :devilsmiley:

I hope Snow stays around. As long as he remains 5 ppd, I've grown fond of his court-jesteriness.

Mid Atlantic peeps are awful. Remind me to never go back in there give any insight. Jesus. Mods need to do their job down there considering theyre in storm mode.

I saw that. Weird.

I try not to comment in other regions during stressful times. Not like the board is on overload.

Some great mets and hobbyists there, though

I saw that. Weird.

I try not to comment in other regions during stressful times. Not like the board is on overload.

Some great mets and hobbyists there, though

Agree. Very smart people who know their climo well...but man did they jump all over me until they saw I knew what I was actually talking about lol

Not as good as this time last year.

Yeah, last year at this time I had close to 30" on the ground. When I started tapping I could walk on the snow but occasionally I'd fall through the crust and be up to my waist. I suspect that there was 4-5' in the shaded parts of the woods when I reached my peak of 37" last January. By the end of maple season we still had patches of snow which I believe extended my season a couple of weeks. This year I tapped in a t-shirt and sneakers!

I realize 99% of the posters on all subforums are awesome people, but it's such a fu**ing shame that there's people that are region competitive. It really sucks that people are so whacked they have to claim storms as regional and nobody outside that region is supposed to comment. Absolutely the most childish thing I've ever seen.

I realize 99% of the posters on all subforums are awesome people, but it's such a fu**ing shame that there's people that are region competitive. It really sucks that people are so whacked they have to claim storms as regional and nobody outside that region is supposed to comment. Absolutely the most childish thing I've ever seen.

Agree. They think you're automatically bashing them and their area if you say something they don't want to hear. It really is a shame because there are a ton of good people and mets down there.

I think they are feeling sad...

I think they are feeling sad...

When I see people referring to "our storm" and "our forum" it makes me kind of sad. Sub forums are great for breaking out threat areas but I didn't realize what this site has become is...post only about stuff that effects your region.

Sad that the moderators are doing nothing about it and in the process ignoring storm mode.

When I see people referring to "our storm" and "our forum" it makes me kind of sad. Sub forums are great for breaking out threat areas but I didn't realize what this site has become is...post only about stuff that effects your region.

Sad that the moderators are doing nothing about it and in the process ignoring storm mode.

Some folks are being awfully rude in that subforum.

When an "outsider" ventures into the weenie land that is NE, we don't get all pissy...

...unless it is forky

But I digress. I do hope some of the VA/NC and further north folks get something decent, but it has trended a tad worse

Archived