• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

ah yes...DST in winter-have to love that-wish they had let it be 1st weekend in April. But with some warm days, nice to get out after dinner in March....

I always loved those days when it was snowing and light out later, but I enjoy more daylight whether it be cold or mild.

Hey, slow down the storm in the pac this weekend, the storm over the se might have a chance to come up the coast, one never knows, interesting few days coming up.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's low.

Well, they havent gotten much synoptic stuff and the upslope they've gotten has settled,sublimated,etc. Every rainer down your way has been icy at the summits. With all the warmth aloft its been tough.

Check with PF on this, but even down at 1500ft they have under 18" with the village under 10". Thats unheard of this time of year. Even favored areas are screwing the pooch this winter.

Well, they havent gotten much synoptic stuff and the upslope they've gotten has settled,sublimated,etc. Every rainer down your way has been icy at the summits. With all the warmth aloft its been tough.

Check with PF on this, but even down at 1500ft they have under 18" with the village under 10". Thats unheard of this time of year. Even favored areas are screwing the pooch this winter.

Yeah that's what I mean, that's normal for April..lol. I have a feeling they'll catch up in the next few weeks.

our local school district is killing Feb vacation starting next year...wonder if other areas will follow suit--they said that it'sa tradition from the 70's done in order to save on oil costs during the heart of winter....guess it makes sense to kill it-unless you ski-its better to get out earlier in June. (I grew up in the mid Atlantic where no such thing even existed.)

I got screwed on that research assistant job that some of you may have read about. I'm actually ripping pissed right now, I don't even want to sit in class. I need to get this out, not sit here lol.

Got an email that said "Chris, we couldn't accept you...must work 15 hours a week and you can only do half day Tuesday and 11-5 Thursday."

NO, we agreed to 11-5 Thursday and 10-5 Friday. He never told me I needed 15 hours. So now instead of being able to work 13 hours (I'm sure if I really had to I could have found TWO MORE hours over the course of 5 days, I'm SOL. I would have been working on a New England climate project. I was so excited...now im screwed. There goes $150/wk too. I emailed him and he was like "uh maybe you can work over the summer when the hours are more flexible."

:fulltilt:

29/24, Overcast most of the day with occasional -sn. Did 2 quick laps at Berkshire Snow Basin just before dark. The snowpack is holding on but we could really use a good dose to freshen it up. The Snow Basin seemed like a particularly forlorn place tonight. Skinning up the old lift line I thought of all the snowy days that were enjoyed there. Now abandoned and all but forgotten. Someday I'd love to re-open the place, thin the super steep stuff for great tree skiing,build a cool alpine chalet for live band apres ski parties. Maybe some snowy day in the future.

Archived