• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

NorEastermass128

That happens so often it';s beyond ridiculous. Just let the fellas be the fellas.

Kev I noticed. You never say anything about it, but I noticed and some others probably did to.

Like I said that's the part that pisses me off. Stuff you put up that nobody could take offense to gets removed...blatant flames and trolling/baiting DURING storm mode...that's okie dokie.

Double standard.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd put you in the category of liking all weather. I don't care if it's on your head or mine I'm the same way.

I can't get excited about 10 pages of windex events that never happen. I'm with Ray on that one. When I saw the MM5 get posted I knew that was a goner. But weather is weather, we get a lot of it.

The mods are allowing this to become a very sub region centric, sheltered site. I picture people in their moms basements with the shades drawn with a Hustler magazine on the left and Kocins book on the right angrily snapping at anyone that barges in on their turf.

It's the weather, I don't believe for a moment CT was trolling and let's face it, it's not like anyone knocked the forecast out of the park in those threads, red taggers or not. All opinions should be welcome. If one line zingers can stand, I just don't see what the problem was with CT.

our subforum had to change this winter because of the demands of other regions. Why then shouldn't they be held to the standards set right at the top as "rules/storm mode?" Why did we have to change in our threads?

I hated the idea of subforums since day 1, made my arguments, not changing that. I tried interacting with other subforums and got the feeling only Mets opinions were even read. Huge change in this boards philosophy and dynamic. I know Ian hates it too. It is what it is. The one thing that bothers me is how many folks I met through discussion over the years, but now any newcomers out of our region I do not have that opportunity. Basically we have 5 different boards.

I hated the idea of subforums since day 1, made my arguments, not changing that. I tried interacting with other subforums and got the feeling only Mets opinions were even read. Huge change in this boards philosophy and dynamic. I know Ian hates it too. It is what it is. The one thing that bothers me is how many folks I met through discussion over the years but now any newcomers out of our region I do not have that opportunity. Basically we have 5 different boards.

Exactly and apparently we're the red headed stepchild somehow. We're supposed to follow rules that get abused right under the noses of the admins. I think most of us know who the single biggest offender is and nothing gets done. It only takes 1 or 2 to lead the whole group down the garden path.

Anyone looking at that thread the other night now knows it's tolerated. They saw admins posting on either side of the comments doing nothing.

We have our own personalities here. Tip will work dildos into most of his posts somehow. Kev will work a weenie or fannie into his, Will vanishes like a ghost when it goes bad, Scott will tell us how miserable he is because he can't make snow angels in his front yard, Joe will tell us how warm it is, I'll point out every way possible the next storm may miss, Ray reiterates the latest odds on his futility, Jerry just mumbles about squirrels, Pete will post a blurry photo out the front window of his truck with what appears to be a bigfoot crossing the snowbank. It is what it is. We all have our slants BUT for the most part we keep it non-personal and don't go at it with one another. And really we don't care much about out of region people posting either.

But apparently guys like Usetobe do feel unwelcome, and that royally sucks because it's not like any of us here, or anywhere else are knocking forecasts out of the park this winter. Pretty much nothing has worked out, the more opinions the merrier.

Exactly and apparently we're the red headed stepchild somehow. We're supposed to follow rules that get abused right under the noses of the admins. I think most of us know who the single biggest offender is and nothing gets done. It only takes 1 or 2 to lead the whole group down the garden path.

Anyone looking at that thread the other night now knows it's tolerated. They saw admins posting on either side of the comments doing nothing.

We have our own personalities here. Tip will work dildos into most of his posts somehow. Kev will work a weenie or fannie into his, Will vanishes like a ghost when it goes bad, Scott will tell us how miserable he is because he can't make snow angels in his front yard, Joe will tell us how warm it is, I'll point out every way possible the next storm may miss, Ray reiterates the latest odds on his futility, Jerry just mumbles about squirrels, Pete will post a blurry photo out the front window of his truck with what appears to be a bigfoot crossing the snowbank. It is what it is. We all have our slants BUT for the most part we keep it non-personal and don't go at it with one another. And really we don't care much about out of region people posting either.

But apparently guys like Usetobe do feel unwelcome, and that royally sucks because it's not like any of us here, or anywhere else are knocking forecasts out of the park this winter. Pretty much nothing has worked out, the more opinions the merrier.

Funny sh it but true. I did not understand why Wes said that. I do not recall him getting crap in our Subforum. Believe me he is like Mickey Mantle to me. I value outside input when it is not trolling. It's more than just reading model output too.

You have the Red Sox while i have the Orioles :axe: , at least you have something to look forward to.

Fortuntely for him, Ginx is a Bronx Bombers fan.

The Sox will be as bad as our winter this year. The O's traded away my favorite player (Luke Scott) this offseason. That's all I know about their winter.

Any hope for them? Ever?

That happens so often it';s beyond ridiculous. Just let the fellas be the fellas.

Mods let you steal the futility record thread that I had started.

A record I had been touting since December long before anyone. And after you had posted several times that you could never do the same. My protests were ignored.

You're very much a fella too.

It's just an entertaining online forum, but bad karma for you nonetheless.

Fortuntely for him, Ginx is a Bronx Bombers fan.

The Sox will be as bad as our winter this year. The O's traded away my favorite player (Luke Scott) this offseason. That's all I know about their winter.

Any hope for them? Ever?

Nope not until that old crab Abgelos dies or sells the team. I was listening to Keith Law on ESPN last week and he said we are the only team in baseball where every player move must be approved by the owner. He is like the Steinbrenner of the 70's and 80's until he got smart and gave up day to day control of the team. Look how well that turned out. We also after the few biggest markets in the country, have the most TV revenue because Angelos made an agreement with MLB when they put the Nationals in DC that the Orioles get 90% of the Nats tv revenue. Yet we still suck every year because of him.

Haters gonna hate, if it helps the two of our boys are Os fans and I love your field. Yankee Stadium south.

You are a bad man, i just had this discussion with alot of my friends, the reason it is yankee stadium south is not because the Yankess have such good fans. It is because half of Baltimore and DC are ex New Yorkers who moved down to this area. My parents and brother in law are both from NY as are over half my friends who live in Baltimore now. You should have your boys become Yankees fan's or else there will be many more years of misery ahead for them.

You are a bad man, i just had this discussion with alot of my friends, the reason it is yankee stadium south is not because the Yankess have such good fans. It is because half of Baltimore and DC are ex New Yorkers who moved down to this area. My parents and brother in law are both from NY as are over half my friends who live in Baltimore now. You should have your boys become Yankees fan's or else there will be many more years of misery ahead for them.

They are 32 and 27 so not really boys LOL but lifelong so they know misery, ironic they both like the Dolphins too.

I did not realize you were skunked until somebody pointed it out, now that would be a first, unreal.

Yeah...somehow I still have about a 1" snowpack. Those ZR events a few weeks ago made it bulletproof and we avoided the brutal torches. It's useless snowpack that you can't do anything with though except look outside and say "yeah...it's white." With a solid next 6 weeks I can still somehow hit my average, but it's obviously not looking promising.

Archived