Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

snapback.pngPOWERSTROKE, on 4 February 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

"The last 3days winter off winter on and now winter off? Got to quit watching every run. Winter is not over until March 31. Always something can pop up

Up until today I always thought we would get a good 10 day wintery stretch with a couple of chances. Not anymore, Feb is toast, you maybe right and March may get something for the mountains but everyone else is done. This will probably go down as one of the top 5 worst winters for the east."

Number 1 worst winter in my book. This was unbelievable. Not even a chance at any wintry precip. I hope the summer is cooler than normal. That would atleast help with cooling bills.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The last 3days winter off winter on and now winter off? Got to quit watching every run. Winter is not over until March 31. Always something can pop up

Up until today I always thought we would get a good 10 day wintery stretch with a couple of chances. Not anymore, Feb is toast, you maybe right and March may get something for the mountains but everyone else is done. This will probably go down as one of the top 5 worst winters for the east."

Number 1 worst winter in my book. This was unbelievable. Not even a chance at any wintry precip. I hope the summer is cooler than normal. That would atleast help with cooling bills.

So far, I would agree 100%.

Well, you are in Northeast TN it appears. You still have a fighting chance, though I still think it's unlikely even in your area. Atlanta's realistic probablities are over.

I could be incognito, but in this case I am not. We all have what has been reduced to a "punchers" chance this late in the game. But it is still a chance.

It for sure is a bad one. However all we need is one good snow. Last year and the year before last were tragic for MBY as it seemed everyone cashed in around all sides in different storms. We had two storms and the most MBY received per storm was 3 inches. So for such a blockbuster winter last year MBY only had 6 inches. So funny enough if we get one storm where my backyard gets 6+ inches it will be better then last year technically as far as snowfall goes. All we need is some good timing or an ULL. I won't call it the worst until after March if no snow has fallen. We average 4.3 inches...which is not hard to get with ONE good storm.

As Yogi said, "It aint over 'til it's over"

It for sure is a bad one. However all we need is one good snow. Last year and the year before last were tragic for MBY as it seemed everyone cashed in around all sides in different storms. We had two storms and the most MBY received per storm was 3 inches. So for such a blockbuster winter last year MBY only had 6 inches. So funny enough if we get one storm where my backyard gets 6+ inches it will be better then last year technically as far as snowfall goes. All we need is some good timing or an ULL. I won't call it the worst until after March if no snow has fallen. We average 4.3 inches...which is not hard to get with ONE good storm.

This is the key....based on what the models show those hoping for any kind of prolonged "winter" type weather can go ahead and jump off the cliff cause it aint happening.

However that doesnt mean we cant get a few cold shots and with well timed lows even snowstorms and lets be honest that how 90% of us "judge" the winter. It can be the warmest winter on record but if March 1993 or 1980 repeats then 10 years from now all that will be remembered is the X amount of snow you got in the Blizzard of 2012.

He also said, "It's deja vu all over again." He must have been talking about a similar Winter pattern. :D

The Doc has been acting like a quack recently with its Inconsistency. We may need to take away its liscense to practice medicine soon and give it to Goofy instead.

Some azaleas have been blooming in Savanah these last few days, which is about the earliest I can recall in years. Average is around mid to late March. So, this is a good six to seven or so weeks early.

The Doc has been acting like a quack recently with its Inconsistency. We may need to take away its liscense to practice medicine soon and give it to Goofy instead.

Some azaleas have been blooming in Savanah these last few days, which is about the earliest I can recall in years. Average is around mid to late March. So, this is a good six to seven or so weeks early.

Tell me about it. It finally picked up on the notion of a Gulf low last night. It's hard to trust it right now if it's starting to fall to the GFS on something the GFS had past 240 and has kept it there for every run.

Wander when the WSW comes out! :lol:

TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN WITH PATCHY

DRIZZLE. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF FREEZING DRIZZLE AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS

IN THE LOWER 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF

PRECIPITATION 20 PERCENT. MONDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN...FREEZING

DRIZZLE...SNOW WITH PATCHY DRIZZLE IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE

LOWER 50S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

20 PERCENT.

Status updates about new pages on your website has nothing to do with a mid-long range wx discussion. Please keep them here in banter, also, feel free to post about it in wx-marketplace.

Sorry... :( i just threw that in when I posted the link to Robert's post about the upcoming changes.

Sorry again... the question was asked there, I just answered. I knew as soon as I answered that I shouldn't have.

Yea Steve, keep that weather crap off this board. To stoke the interest of weather enthusiasts on this board is strictly prohibited, you know that, Jeez ! You're just a regular member here, know your place!

I'm loving the WeatherNC rampage today. Looks like a slash and burn to clean this place up a bit. I hope some good posters don't get caught up in the whirlwind lol.

It is entertaining, but moderating a forum is much more effective when it is consistant. Sudden bursts of activity often lead to unnecessary drama.

Moved from the etiquette thread. What the heck does Robert's winter forecast have to do with posting etiquette? Please keep posts related to the topic they are made in folks, thank you.

First, I made the post in November - almost three months ago. Not sure why it is an issue now. At the time it was relevant. Many other forecasts were pinned, his was not. I felt it was poor etiquette not to post a red tagger's forecast. Next time, if you have a question about my posting etiquette please PM me.

It is entertaining, but moderating a forum is much more effective when it is consistant. Sudden bursts of activity often lead to unnecessary drama.

First, I made the post in November - almost three months ago. Not sure why it is an issue now. At the time it was relevant. Many other forecasts were pinned, his was not. I felt it was poor etiquette not to post a red tagger's forecast. Next time, if you have a question about my posting etiquette please PM me.

I rest my case.

Next time, if you have a question about my posting etiquette please PM me.

My post was not directed or pertaining to yours, it was in regards to a reply that was made today. I pinned Robert's forecast after you made that post back in Nov, I think we ran our big 3 red-tagger/pro met forecast up top till around Thanksgiving.

Super Bowl Sunday - check

Rotel with sausage and Velveeta cheese dip - check

Steaks marinating for the grill later - check

Jalapeno Poppers - check

Bud Light - check

Friends coming over later- check

Let's go Giants!

Should be an American holiday.

My post was not directed or pertaining to yours, it was in regards to a reply that was made today. I pinned Robert's forecast after you made that post back in Nov, I think we ran our big 3 red-tagger/pro met forecast up top till around Thanksgiving.

We're good. Thank you for the response.

Archived