• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

Still holding on to what could be a great month of wintry mayhem if we ever shake this stubborn pattern loose. What better time than this month before it's too late after a January fail haha? How I would love to see a repeat of Feb. 2004's event, which if this pattern were to change for the better, we just may have something major to watch for in the latter. Kind of exciting but not betting anything for such. Take things one step at a time, I say.

Anyway, Valentine's Day will be upon us in two weeks time. Any of you folks have something planned for that special someone? :);) I don't have such romantic shenanigans to plan, for I'm single lol but I still do intend to do something nice for my dad's girlfriend. She's been a lot like my mom in almost every way and so I'd like to show her that I appreciate the things she has done over the past 2 years after I lost my mom.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there GastonWx! Anything positive regarding the Euro? TIA!!!

Not much to really be excited for during most of the run but by Day 10, we can see what looks like a good push of increasing heights beginning to take shape up near Greenland, still have our +PNA ridging, and a strong PV that seems to be dropping into Eastern Canada.

I guess I should add that being this is the last frame, I honestly don't know how it will all go from here. I'd at least like the western ridge to be kinda taller similar to what we have been seeing with past model runs that had such though.

00zeuro500mbHeightAnomalyNA240.gif

Still holding on to what could be a great month of wintry mayhem if we ever shake this stubborn pattern loose. What better time than this month before it's too late after a January fail haha? How I would love to see a repeat of Feb. 2004's event, which if this pattern were to change for the better, we just may have something major to watch for in the latter. Kind of exciting but not betting anything for such. Take things one step at a time, I say.

Anyway, Valentine's Day will be upon us in two weeks time. Any of you folks have something planned for that special someone? :);) I don't have such romantic shenanigans to plan, for I'm single lol but I still do intend to do something nice for my dad's girlfriend. She's been a lot like my mom in almost every way and so I'd like to show her that I appreciate the things she has done over the past 2 years after I lost my mom.

That is so thoughtful of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet she will apperciate it so much. You can never go wrong with Bath and Body Works!

So, if I can't talk about the weather on the medium/long range thread, it would be nice to have some actual weather banter on these threads. It's become more like an off-topic thread than banter about the weather. Or, people could just not be so dang uptight on the medium/long range thread. A lot of people here take this way too seriously.

Anyway, maybe we'll get that storm around the 11th. I think that might be our only shot for any winter weather here this winter.

This weekend is looking more and more interesting. With this winter of our discontent, we have to cling to any threat.

http://www.examiner....by-this-weekend

Great post RaleighWx! I noticed in previous runs that the HP has stayed consistent between 1042-1038mb. Maybe the future runs will provide better details. Good to see you on here!

Does this belong in banter or observations? :D

NEWPORT, Tenn. -- A Tennessee transportation spokeswoman says it isn't yet clear how long the westbound lanes of Interstate 40 will remain closed near the North Carolina state line. Mud and rocks tumbled onto the highway early Tuesday in Cocke County.

Tennessee Department of Transportation spokeswoman B.J. Doughty said another house-sized boulder was in a precarious position above the highway and TDOT geotechnical personnel were checking how stable the situation was.

Doughty said the department was preparing to let an emergency contract to remove the debris and was working with North Carolina authorities on a detour. Westbound traffic was initially being routed onto Interstates 26 and 81 -- a long detour through the Tri-Cities.

At the rate we're going as the sun angle gets higher, we may have to start worrying about premature leaf-out on the trees come early March. I think it was spring of 2007 where we had an unusually warm March and trees were in full leaf out by early April, only for them to get slammed by a hard freeze in mid-April. I remember our forests going from a sea of thick green to sickly black overnight. Things never fully recovered that entire year.

If February is too warm, we could be in even more dire straits.

Agree.....I just can't cliff-dive when there's still Feb and Mar to go. So, I am still holding on.....at least for now....... I don't even look at the off-hour runs anymore because they change so much with every run. Even if the GFS showed 2 feet of snow at 120 hours I would throw it out. Let's wait and see what the Pacific recon flight data tells us.

Tomorrow will be Feb 1st. The 10 day looks worse. Later tonight at 00z or tomorrow at 12z, there will be another "threat/pattern change" 10 days away. If the GFS, EURO, GGEM, JMA, NOGAPS, and NAM all showed 2 feet of snow in 48 hours or less, I'd go ahead and get my shorts and sandles ready for 75F+.

Archived