• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

Its been a bad winter but not the worst IMBY at least. At least we got a dusting back in December from a clipper, in the mid 2000's there were 3 winters in a row here with 4 inches of snow combined, including a year without even a trace of snow. I believe, much like Robert, that with all of these ULL, incredibly active Pacific, open Gulf, and the anamolous pattern across much of the globe(snow in Italy and French Riviera) there is going to be some sort of dramatic, peculiar event before the end of winter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its been a bad winter but not the worst IMBY at least. At least we got a dusting back in December from a clipper, in the mid 2000's there were 3 winters in a row here with 4 inches of snow combined, including a year without even a trace of snow. I believe, much like Robert, that with all of these ULL, incredibly active Pacific, open Gulf, and the anamolous pattern across much of the globe(snow in Italy and French Riviera) there is going to be some sort of dramatic, peculiar event before the end of winter

I hope you're right in the form of fluffy snowflakes and not a crippling ice/severe weather event.

A little back and forth in banter is OK, would much rather it be here than in the main weather threads, however, this is a solid page of it. New day, can we keep the cat fighting to a min please, isolated chance of scratches.

:jerry: am I the only one that really enjoys reading drama like what jburns and shawn were doing? Sorry Shawn but you pretty much got pwnd.

Dont worry about it man, the people with the huge post counts think they are owed immunity.

Once again, a guy that pays for Jb's forecasts and plows snow. Point made.

Anyway, I'm tired of the new people getting run away because they call an older user out on something. It's sickening and I really couldn't care less who disagrees with me.

Look buddy all I said was nobody needs to start something with 13 posts compared to a regular on here. Not a good way to stay on the forum. Voicing an opinion is one thing but continuing the nonsense is another.

As far as me JB is a tax write off and most people spend more than that in a month eating out. As far as what I do, I own a very successful Landscape business and have employees that probably make what you do in a year. s far as plowing snow last year I made right at $15,000.00 in 22 hours in South Carolina and $40,000 for the season. To get down to it I have done about $75,000 the last three years in snow which consists of about 7-10 days of total work. How about yourself?

I am not bragging as snow is just a bonus for my company, however you can downgrade me all you want that is your right. As I have said before there are a bunch on here that pay for JB and others that ask what he says. I am sorry you don't approve of it but last I checked you didn't pay for my account.

I have known for months that Robert was leaving as I have been helping any way I can to do this. When he gets it set up YOU will have to pay for it if you want any of his information, which is the best around especially in the Southeast. So is that a waste too?

Look buddy all I said was nobody needs to start something with 13 posts compared to a regular on here. Not a good way to stay on the forum. Voicing an opinion is one thing but continuing the nonsense is another.

As far as me JB is a tax write off and most people spend more than that in a month eating out. As far as what I do, I own a very successful Landscape business and have employees that probably make what you do in a year. s far as plowing snow last year I made right at $15,000.00 in 22 hours in South Carolina and $40,000 for the season. To get down to it I have done about $75,000 the last three years in snow which consists of about 7-10 days of total work. How about yourself?

I am not bragging as snow is just a bonus for my company, however you can downgrade me all you want that is your right. As I have said before there are a bunch on here that pay for JB and others that ask what he says. I am sorry you don't approve of it but last I checked you didn't pay for my account.

I have known for months that Robert was leaving as I have been helping any way I can to do this. When he gets it set up YOU will have to pay for it if you want any of his information, which is the best around especially in the Southeast. So is that a waste too?

"My COC is bigger than yours AND I am rather important in my own mind. So respect me."

well fertilizer is going out today or tomorrow so if winter shows up it is a bonus. Too close to mowing season now

Are you starting to put out pre emergent? I was thinking last night it's getting close to that time and my grass is in need of some serious help.

Good question.. The main type in my front yard is zoysia. As most know, it turns brown quickly and greens up slowly. However, since On all sides on my yard a pasuture bumps up to it, my yard has adopted many kids on other stuff. I would love to lay down a pre emergent to assist the growth...

I also have a few large mulch beds and I will fight dem bitches all spring and summer long. I have blue junipers in one and I hope this year they really start to take off and grow in (this will be the 3rd summer).. Another large bed on a hill has 26 tiger lillies. They are starting to grow but again a b**ch to weed both beds...

Are you starting to put out pre emergent? I was thinking last night it's getting close to that time and my grass is in need of some serious help.

It is a banter thread for a reason. How I some what agree, most SE folks do not use OT (cause it sucks ass). Personally I could care less if the young man wants to buck up with old man. More flavor in a dull boring winter.

As far as post counts, also could give a ****..

A little back and forth in banter is OK, would much rather it be here than in the main weather threads, however, this is a solid page of it. New day, can we keep the cat fighting to a min please, isolated chance of scratches.

I usually put my first pre-emergent application out around Valentines day, and that's in the "normal" winters. With this warm winter I am worried I am already behind, probably going out this weekend. I usually put out a second application 4 weeks later. I have noticed the years I put out the 2nd application it controls the crab grass a lot better.

I have been holding out optimism for this winter to turn around or at least get an event or two but it's not looking good. It's been a long time since we have had a futile winter, which was 2007/08. That winter was the 4th winter in a row of futility, let's hope we don't hit another 4 year stretch. I do think next winter will be tough too, usually for RDU, when we get 1" or less of snow the following winter is just as bad (80% of the time roughly).

I usually put my first pre-emergent application out around Valentines day, and that's in the "normal" winters. With this warm winter I am worried I am already behind, probably going out this weekend. I usually put out a second application 4 weeks later. I have noticed the years I put out the 2nd application it controls the crab grass a lot better.

Nice tip, thanks. Do you put out a weed and feed later in spring?

It is a banter thread for a reason. How I some what agree, most SE folks do not use OT (cause it sucks ass). Personally I could care less if the young man wants to buck up with old man. More flavor in a dull boring winter.

As far as post counts, also could give a ****..

IMHO, If you hate OT, so be it. However, this is not a surrogate OT and therefore discussions in this banter thread should at least be semi- related to weather.

oh my, the irony of the last couple pages.... Funny thing is people in this thread have just confirmed what I thought about them to begin with. Hopefully this is as ugly as our forum will get, a terrible winter has brought the worst out of some folks in here. Shawn you got demolished, the profile you posted of jburns is not him, I'm 99.9% sure of that. If it was him (it's not) you shouldn't post personal information, regardless of if it's available to the public or not, on this site it's against the ToS.

*banter*

This winter still sucks and I want whatever the groundhog is smoking.

*banter

oh my, they irony of the last couple pages.... Funny thing is people in this thread have just confirmed what I thought about them to begin with. Hopefully this is as ugly as our forum will get, a terrible winter has brought the worst out of some folks in here. Shawn you got demolished, the profile you posted of jburns is not him, I'm 99.9% sure of that. If it was him (it's not) you shouldn't post personal information, regardless of if it's available to the public or not, on this site it's against the ToS.

*banter*

This winter still sucks and I want whatever the groundhog is smoking.

*banter

I told someone today that the groundhog has as much chance of being right as any of the long range forecasters. Been one of those years where no one knows what the heck is going to happen more than 5 days out. Like the old days.

Archived