• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

Since this is the banter thread, I'm gonna have to banter over a recent trend on our forums...we get 1 model run of something interesting in the mid range and new threads are started. I always thought that was the purpose of the mid/long range discussion? This has been an obvious trend in recent months...Info gets spread out into different places instead of keeping it together.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... we had our first event of the season yesterday at Stone Mountain Park. A very rough lot as you'll see. These videos are best watched in Hi-Def and full screen.

Jim Murphy owns the car so I included his runs too.

Run 2 Murphy

Me (my fastest 54.861)

Run 3

Murphy (his fastest 58.899)

Me

Run 4

Murphy (and his spin)

Gonna throw this out here since we have a lot of members close to IMBY...The Southern Conference Men's and Women's Basketball Tournament is coming back to Asheville this weekend. If anyone is interested, I have 3 tickets for the first 3 sessions of the Women's Tournament which is being played at Kimmel Arena on the campus of UNC-Asheville.

Session 1 includes all 3 games on Friday,

Session 2 is the Noon and 2 pm games on Saturday

Session 3 is the two evening games on Saturday.

If anybody is interested, just PM me... All seats are General Admission...

You know Spring has made itself known when you have seen your first bumblebee of the year. It's almost that time for the bugs to start showing up consistently. Last year the gnats were the worst I've ever seen, for you could not go outside without getting swarmed in the face by them so hopefully this year they'll either calm down or go elsewhere. Those huge black ants were also another issue but they were more of a problem if you try to sit at the stone table that I have next to the tree during the Summer.

You know Spring has made itself known when you have seen your first bumblebee of the year. It's almost that time for the bugs to start showing up consistently. Last year the gnats were the worst I've ever seen, for you could not go outside without getting swarmed in the face by them so hopefully this year they'll either calm down or go elsewhere. Those huge black ants were also another issue but they were more of a problem if you try to sit at the stone table that I have next to the tree during the Summer.

I'm already seeing spiders and those pesky Kudzu Bugs. Last year they(Kudzu Bugs) were around in huge numbers, already coming out is not a good sign.

We had ours replaced yesterday and today. I got sick of repairing and regluing old rotted shingles.

Mine is not that bad yet but replacement is in the fairly near future. It's kind of a race of which will lose it's effectiveness first, me or the roof. I don't plan on leaving this world with the headline, "OLD MAN FALLS TO HIS DEATH FROM ROOF". :yikes:

Sure it is.

man I've lived in the mtns to many years and know for a fact we've seen a foot of snow in April let alone March you being a Met. should know winter is never over in the NC Mtns. during the month of March and sometimes April. as far as that goes May 12th forgot the year maybe around 2001, I think it was 30 inches of snow fell on Mt. Pisgah while Asheville was getting a cold rain at about 35 degrees, so don't tell me winter is over. HEY SNOW SHOWERS IN THE FORECAST FOR ASHEVILLE ON SUNDAY. GO FIGURE

man I've lived in the mtns to many years and know for a fact we've seen a foot of snow in April let alone March you being a Met. should know winter is never over in the NC Mtns. during the month of March and sometimes April. as far as that goes May 12th forgot the year maybe around 2001, I think it was 30 inches of snow fell on Mt. Pisgah while Asheville was getting a cold rain at about 35 degrees, so don't tell me winter is over.

Winter is over if you're not in the NC mountains.

How bout we just talk a little bball. Go Heels, beat the Terps and Dook this week!!!

go heels, unc should have won the first game. saying is you have to have some luck in a big basketball game and that is exactly what dook had and i mean a lot of everything had to go just right in the last minute for dook to win that game. kinda like trying to get snow in the southeast, everything has to come together just right for the final turnout. unc clearly the best team in that game. led the whole second half by 10 or more. now at dook they may not be the best team in that game, let's wait and see.

man I've lived in the mtns to many years and know for a fact we've seen a foot of snow in April let alone March you being a Met. should know winter is never over in the NC Mtns. during the month of March and sometimes April. as far as that goes May 12th forgot the year maybe around 2001, I think it was 30 inches of snow fell on Mt. Pisgah while Asheville was getting a cold rain at about 35 degrees, so don't tell me winter is over. HEY SNOW SHOWERS IN THE FORECAST FOR ASHEVILLE ON SUNDAY. GO FIGURE

Just trolling ya.

I am ready for some prolonged 75-80 degree days though.

May 7th and it was closer to 60 inches. There was mainly rain here, but we had a few flakes mixed in.

http://www.accuweath...f-nc-snow/18831

... '03 or '04, snow March 31st and then a week later with lightning and thunder.

Archived