• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

Have fun with those 70's, SE brethren. I'll be in Colorado(Just got here) for the next 10 days enjoying some time on the slopes and in the Backcountry. :D:wub:Just don't know how much of the BC I'll see since the Avalanche Danger is elevated right now since it's been such a horrible season. Supposed to get a front coming through on Saturday with some good amounts, at least from what I've been told. When I get to my buddy's house, I'll have a chance to look at the models. The storm was actually progged to come through starting tomorrow night, last I checked.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have fun with those 70's, SE brethren. I'll be in Colorado(Just got here) for the next 10 days enjoying some time on the slopes and in the Backcountry. :D:wub:Just don't know how much of the BC I'll see since the Avalanche Danger is elevated right now since it's been such a horrible season. Supposed to get a front coming through on Saturday with some good amounts, at least from what I've been told. When I get to my buddy's house, I'll have a chance to look at the models. The storm was actually progged to come through starting tomorrow night, last I checked.

Enjoy the snow and slopes!

Back from the post-storm hangover, not much of p-type event here, plain jain cold rain, a little ip on the back-end with some <dime size tokens, maybe an hour, but they were fighting a loosing battle as the dendritic growth zone petered out around rdu.

Worked on the new tiller today, gutted the rear end absent of the brass worm gears. New shafts, bearings, seals, shims, the whole 9. went out without a hitch expect for a wtf event on the tail end. Accidentally grabbed a half empty bottle of 10-30 amsoil of course, and mixed it in with the gear oil. Figure no big deal, back-end takes around 1.6 quarts, maybe 16-20 oz of the 30 weight, rest was the 75-140 severe gear. Probably going to flush it after I turn over the warm season and flower beds, engine dump too. Bought for 350, around 500 invested between the carb and parts for today. Tiller was in rough shape, but they sure don't make them like they used to. hard to find USA stuff anymore, back when we made such like tanks. old 8hp Tecumseh was purring tonight, valves just a little sticky but she is a cast iron beast!

Not to much going on wx-wise, big time rn maker cutting through the oh valley kind of peetered out on the models. Long range screams spring, temps pushing 70, and mean storm track through the central plains. Period around the 27/28 is a little interesting, but I suspect it will trend warmer. After that who knows, March could always bring a surprise, although after the first week chances here drop off, western parts are still in the game though. Later... :)

use amsoil gear oil instead of mixing oil with it. We run nothing but amsoil products in all of our equipment and trucks

use amsoil gear oil instead of mixing oil with it. We run nothing but amsoil products in all of our equipment and trucks

way OT but... I use Amsoil in the Deere but use Red Line for my manual transmissions and differentials in my older Datsuns 510's.

I also guess Van denton uses amsoil to slither his way out of his bad forecasting.

ACUS11 KWNS 241157

SWOMCD

SPC MCD 241156

SCZ000-NCZ000-GAZ000-TNZ000-ALZ000-241330-

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0151

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0556 AM CST FRI FEB 24 2012

AREAS AFFECTED...CENTRAL/ERN AL...CENTRAL/NRN GA...AND UPSTATE SC

CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH POSSIBLE

VALID 241156Z - 241330Z

A TORNADO WATCH IS BEING CONSIDERED FOR ISSUANCE FROM PARTS OF

CENTRAL AND ERN AL THROUGH CENTRAL/NRN GA INTO UPSTATE SC...AND

POTENTIALLY INTO WRN NC. PROBABILITY OF WW ISSUANCE BY 13-14Z IS

60-70 PERCENT.

IN ADDITION TO A CONTINUATION OF TSTM DEVELOPMENT ALONG A COLD FRONT

ADVANCING THROUGH NRN AL...REGIONAL RADAR IMAGERY/LIGHTNING DATA

SHOWED AN INCREASE IN TSTM ACTIVITY ACROSS CENTRAL AL/WRN GA SINCE

1045Z. COLD AIR ADVECTION ABOVE 850 MB HAS RESULTED IN A WEAKENING

OF THE CAP THAT WAS EVIDENT ON THE 24/00Z BHM/ATL SOUNDINGS AND NOW

ERODED PER 12Z BHM SOUNDING. THUS...GIVEN A MOIST WARM SECTOR /PW

VALUES RANGING FROM 1-1.5 INCH/ AND LAPSE RATES NEAR 7 C/KM...THE

MUCAPE IS ALREADY NEAR 1000 J/KG. DESPITE A LACK OF STRONGER HEIGHT

FALLS ACROSS THE DISCUSSION AREA TODAY...UPWARD VERTICAL MOTION

WITHIN THE RIGHT ENTRANCE REGION OF A 150+ KT UPPER JET IN THE TN/OH

VALLEYS IS EXPECTED TO SUPPORT FURTHER TSTM DEVELOPMENT ENEWD FROM

THE ONGOING ACTIVITY. THIS SCENARIO IS SUPPORTED BY MOST SHORT TERM

MODELS WHICH SUGGEST A CONTINUED INCREASE IN TSTM DEVELOPMENT THIS

MORNING FROM AL THROUGH CENTRAL/NRN GA TO UPSTATE SC/NC.

STRENGTHENING WSWLY DEEP LAYER WIND FIELDS /60-70 KT AT 700 MB AND

80-100 KT AT 500 MB/ WILL MAINTAIN STRONG BULK SHEAR FOR ORGANIZED

STORM DEVELOPMENT. STRAIGHT HODOGRAPHS SUGGEST SPLITTING SUPERCELLS

WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH LOW LEVEL SHEAR SUFFICIENT FOR TORNADO

DEVELOPMENT...IN ADDITION TO DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL.

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0151

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

0556 AM CST FRI FEB 24 2012

AREAS AFFECTED...CENTRAL/ERN AL...CENTRAL/NRN GA...AND UPSTATE SC

CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH POSSIBLE

VALID 241156Z - 241330Z

A TORNADO WATCH IS BEING CONSIDERED FOR ISSUANCE FROM PARTS OF

CENTRAL AND ERN AL THROUGH CENTRAL/NRN GA INTO UPSTATE SC...AND

POTENTIALLY INTO WRN NC. PROBABILITY OF WW ISSUANCE BY 13-14Z IS

60-70 PERCENT.

Just in case anyone has missed me :lol: I'm all moved in and settled in my new place and will try not to stay away for so long again ^_^

Happy moving day! Hope you and Jose can warm the house tonight :) I'll give you a copy of the Rain Zombie, if you want. It's the only thing I can think of that accounts for all this rain bounty I'm getting all of a sudden, lol. It ain't purty, but it works!

Still, you've done pretty good this week with the rain. T

I never took mine down. even used it twice this winter. Gotta love "global warming" :P

ours has the artic package but my luck it would have froze something up if i hadn't winterized it. May go next weekend somewhere to get it ready. I talked to robert this morning on the phone and he said next friday looks rough so may stay home

Archived