• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

Speaking of flat tires, am I the only American who actually keeps a set of traffic warning triangles in their personal vehicles? I know that it's more common to see a set in Europe because it's often required over there, but when I've asked friends, they've never heard of anyone (other than a commercial truck drive perhaps) owning a set. I also keep a reflective safety vest in each car.

Safety nerd!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, probably one of the more gratifying winter events...it has been a brutal winter, to be able to get a couple of hours of snow seems like a huge victory. I put out my pre-emergent on Saturday :-) which was great timing. I am ready for spring, soccer starts in mid-March. I can't believe how bad winter has been on the east coast, the NE/MA have taken a beating this winter, I am sure they are very frustrated. Kind of sad Robert left, hopefully some of the new mets we are seeing on here start posting from time to time in between events, we can always count on Allan/Brandon/Phil/SBUWX23/Eyewall for hoping on during events. Kind of rambling as feel like winter is over, although it appears the GFS does cool down for a few days day 8-10 but don't see any real threat there with no blocking. Last night was the only night all winter I stayed up for the Euro, thank goodness don't have to do that until next December/Jan!

Oh yeah, I am sure RDU will report roughly an 1" or so of snow, thank goodness we didn't get a "trace" type of winter as we typically back up winters under 1" with another bad winter.

Just for kicks, who DOESN'T know how to change a tire? It's strange to me. Maybe Widre didn't have the tools...I've been there. But some of my friends don't know how to change a flat and I'm like.... :facepalm:

I changed my tire! That's part of the story. I've changed tires on my car far too many times in my short life. I think I have a problem with driving properly...

I called AAA because I might have needed it towed if the spare didn't work.

Speaking of flat tires, am I the only American who actually keeps a set of traffic warning triangles in their personal vehicles? I know that it's more common to see a set in Europe because it's often required over there, but when I've asked friends, they've never heard of anyone (other than a commercial truck drive perhaps) owning a set. I also keep a reflective safety vest in each car.

Safety nerd!

I wish I had those tonight. I was obviously fine, but I was on the side of the road, with no streetlights. I had a plunger in my trunk. Maybe that would have worked...

I changed my tire! That's part of the story. I've changed tires on my car far too many times in my short life. I think I have a problem with driving properly...

I called AAA because I might have needed it towed if the spare didn't work.

I could've picked you up... Haha. Well I ended up going into south VA this afternoon and the driving around doing donuts in parking lots for most of the evening. Did you slide into the median? What kind of car were you in?

Well, probably one of the more gratifying winter events...it has been a brutal winter, to be able to get a couple of hours of snow seems like a huge victory. I put out my pre-emergent on Saturday :-) which was great timing. I am ready for spring, soccer starts in mid-March. I can't believe how bad winter has been on the east coast, the NE/MA have taken a beating this winter, I am sure they are very frustrated. Kind of sad Robert left, hopefully some of the new mets we are seeing on here start posting from time to time in between events, we can always count on Allan/Brandon/Phil/SBUWX23/Eyewall for hoping on during events. Kind of rambling as feel like winter is over, although it appears the GFS does cool down for a few days day 8-10 but don't see any real threat there with no blocking. Last night was the only night all winter I stayed up for the Euro, thank goodness don't have to do that until next December/Jan!

Oh yeah, I am sure RDU will report roughly an 1" or so of snow, thank goodness we didn't get a "trace" type of winter as we typically back up winters under 1" with another bad winter.

So what's the deal with Robert? Are you referring to the fact that he started his own site and won't be posting here any longer?

TW

I could've picked you up... Haha. Well I ended up going into south VA this afternoon and the driving around doing donuts in parking lots for most of the evening. Did you slide into the median? What kind of car were you in?

A Honda. I probably should have been looking at the road instead of the sky. This is why I shouldn't snow chase.

I may speak for more than myself, but I would have been around more this winter if it would have been somewhat interesting. When it's as warm as it has been, there is really nothing to talk about. Also after having 2 great winters, it kinda in some ways sucked the life out of this winter. I think next year will be a lot better for discussion, unless it's another dud. Svr wx season may be interesting since la-nina is still ongoing.

Well, I see your problem right there: if you had used the brake, then everything would have been fine.

Good catch! That could have been it. By the way, it is proper to use a capital letter following a colon in American English, when it is followed by an independent clause. However, it is common to use lower case in British English. Perhaps you're typing from Europe? :)

I noticed a met on this board yesterday lurking with the name "wxsouth", did Robert change his login?

no I talked to him this morning. That is not him. Guys you got to understand he has to make a living at this. You can still get his thoughts on his website. Only $9.95 a month. I am really surprised more people have not signed up for it. He is the best around and for what he has done for all of us we can do this for him If you look at his forecast for the storm he didn't change and did real well.

I understand and wish him the best of luck. I'll probably subscribe next winter. Maybe he can come in the forums and give us some tidbits that will boost his subscriptions. You know the old saying though, "No one will buy the cow, if you give the milk away for free."

He is doing it as his career now. Just like JB except he is concentrating only on Southeast. He mentions this in his announcement on the forum. You can read it and will understand

I totally understand and wish him well. I'm pretty well maxed out as far as the budget goes, so I can't really sign up at this point.

I understand that this is his career and he should charge whatever he wants. It just sucks that the majority of us won't hear much from him anymore...particularly since he's been on these forums for so many years and has developed such a good rapport and reputation with everyone.

Archived