• Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's about time, Frosty is---

On winter!

The cast:

Winter as Apollo

This forum as Apollo's wife

Joe Bastardi as Rocky

Every professional Met on this board as Duke (Apollo's Trainer)

The jet stream as Drago

The NAO and AO as Drago's Wife and Russian politician

The MJO as Drago's trainer

The SST as the ref

and a special appearance of sever weather/hurricane weenies from this board as the camera crew and ring announcers.

Sorry I should have clarified by stream I don't mean the upper right hand corner. I mean the actual Wall stream. That being said facebook has a very unique algorithm for what shows up on individuals walls. More than likely you check LC's wall a lot or check back on posts. It could also be that you and some of your relatives are both friends with LC. So when the picture was posted if it had a lot of comments FB naturally made the connection and felt it might be something LC would be interested in since two of his friends were involved with the picture (your kid and someone posting..etc..) so it showed up on his stream. In reality he probably saw it was a cute baby and just hit the like button since often cute babies invoke that.

All I'm saying is, don't read much into Facebook especially because of a like. Now if he starts commenting on every picture of your kid that is creepy.

This is also another reason why personalities need pages and not personal profiles. That would stop that right there.

He has commented on several of my political status messages. But I hardly ever check his page ( or get on fb for that matter. I'm a twitter person. Have debated deleting my fb, but don't want to lose connection with old friends) and we don't have mutual friends, except maybe a couple tnwx forum folks.

It is definitely weird how they choose what shows up in your feed. I'm convinced that people that check my page the most start showing up, though fb denies that it does that. But it's the only way I can explain some people who are constantly there who I have no contact with and few common circles.

Alright everyone. I need some opinions here on the following...

The digital camera that I use to record my videos and post pictures of weather stuff on the board has recently died on me. I can no longer take good pictures outside in daylight and the videos are coming out rather fuzzy; a sign of a bad camera lens, especially the shutter part and is expensive to repair. The cost to repair JUST the shutter is $150; the same price as the camera itself before it went on sale for $70 and thus would be better off just buying a new one that can do so much more! Therefore if I want to keep doing what I did over the Spring/Summer seasons with my storm videos/pictures, I'm going to need a much better camera. I am thinking on investing a decent HD camcorder at an affordable price that can do certain things such as:

Capture things while recording (e.g. a lightning strike)

Has tolerable longevity in recording (prefer at least 2.5 hrs. without stopping)

Special effects such as time-lapse

Capability to keep excellent quality in pictures/videos in low light areas

Internal storage capacity of at least 30 GB (Optional, as I have plenty of SD cards but only one 8GB. Will also take any suggestions of camcorders that have both the SD and microSD slots)

Zoom of at least 40x

At least 12 MP for high end quality pictures (Not too worried about this part but definitely something better than 7 MP)

Record at night (optional)

I will appreciate any responses I get from you folks. Currently I'm quite low on money but plan to save up a good bit and hopefully will have enough by the time March rolls around. Keep in mind that while I did take the initiative to head out to stores such as Best Buy and Walmart, I honestly don't know how well certain brands perform compared to others and would not want to risk spending my money on a camcorder that has had a bad reputation with many people. There were a couple that I was interested in (one of them was a refurbished JVC HD camcorder for $179.99).

By the way, this video is a perfect example of what I'm looking for but I'm aware that whoever had this camera may be owning one that's pretty expensive but any other camcorder that comes close to this would be completely fine with me:

I don't know enough about DSLRs to give you an honest and accurate opinion, but I do know capturing mother nature in it's finest on one is absolutely stunning. If it is truly a passion, you should buy something around $200 for short time use and save money and really invest in one. I don't think you would regret it. A good one can fetch $2,00-$3,000+ and that's just the camera, lenses can fetch around the same apiece.

I like the Canon 5D Mark II. :P

But for something affordable, I heard the Canon EOS Rebel T3i is pretty nice for the price (around $700) http://www.amazon.co...28155374&sr=1-1 The video below was filmed with this camera.

See that would mean I would need to religate myself down to your level just to make you feel good about yourself. I enjoy reading everyones post and learning about the weather. I was just trying to keep everything on topic not on past storms. I would love to see a big storm this year but seems like we get all built up to be let down this winter. So once again wasnt trying to be an butt like yourself so go analyze what ever you feel the need to analyze.

Dont worry about it man, the people with the huge post counts think they are owed immunity.

You have 13 posts and you going to mess with JBURNS? He is the one looking down on your level.

Once again, a guy that pays for Jb's forecasts and plows snow. Point made.

Anyway, I'm tired of the new people getting run away because they call an older user out on something. It's sickening and I really couldn't care less who disagrees with me.

Dont worry about it man, the people with the huge post counts think they are owed immunity.

Once again, a guy that pays for Jb's forecasts and plows snow. Point made.

Anyway, I'm tired of the new people getting run away because they call an older user out on something. It's sickening and I really couldn't care less who disagrees with me.

Well since this is the banter thread I guess we can have at it if you want. To get things started and through the magic of science, I actually have a photo of your conception.

i-7JbDXTK-XL.jpg

I'll let Powerstoke ask you why you feel plowing snow is somehow worthy of being looked down upon.

Well since this is the banter thread I guess we can have at it if you want. To get things started and through the magic of science, I actually have a photo of your conception.

i-7JbDXTK-XL.jpg

I'll let Powerstoke ask you why you feel plowing snow is somehow worthy of being looked down upon.

Says the guy with almost 4k posts and still no red tag. Like I said, I don't care if you don't agree.

Okay, I'll try again. You're the guy with the 2010 Prius. lolz. Pretty sure that last post must be you from your response.

Did have a Prius. I also had a RX8 at the same time. Your point?

Dude, you can't be that stupid. My avatar shows my town and you think I am some guy in Gastonia? How old are you. I don't want to get in trouble for child abuse.

Did have a Prius. I also had a RX8 at the same time. Your point?

Dude, you can't be that stupid. My avatar shows my town and you think I am some guy in Gastonia? How old are you. I don't want to get in trouble for child abuse.

I think the way you're responding must mean it is you. Gastonia is not very far from Archdale. I even G-mapped it. You just don't want users to know of your date-hookup profile. That's cool. I wouldn't either.

I think the way you're responding must mean it is you. Gastonia is not very far from Archdale. I even G-mapped it. You just don't want users to know of your date-hookup profile. That's cool. I wouldn't either.

OK so you've given up already and want to just go in circles. I am disappointed as I thought you might be a bit more skilled. Still in HS aren't you.

I'll give you one more shot. You're pretty boring and I'm losing interest.

I thought you were the one wanting to post images to try and get at me. I post an image from the dating site you're a member of and now I bore you. Okay. (: Well good game with your little "sperm" image. It wasn't very effective. Have fun with your Prius and RX8 which are both most likely in a junk yard now. Back to my original saying: "I couldn't care less who disagrees with me." You just had the guts to come out and try to attack me for me defending a newbie on the forum. Great job!

I thought you were the one wanting to post images to try and get at me. I post an image from the dating site you're a member of and now I bore you. Okay. (: Well good game with your little "sperm" image. It wasn't very effective. Have fun with your Prius and RX8 which are both most likely in a junk yard now. Back to my original saying: "I couldn't care less who disagrees with me." You just had the guts to come out and try to attack me for me defending a newbie on the forum. Great job!

I didn't attack you young man. That was a tickle. BTW it's not me, but two things; being in my 30s sounds good and a woman 25 to 31 sounds even better.

I'll be back in about an hour that might give you time to figure out what your doing because right now you don't have a clue. I expect to see something worth responding to so get busy.

Awuh, wifey went to sleep and now your children are alone in their bed and you think you can take advantage of them without her knowledge. Ew. Anyway, I'm done with you. I posted your dating profile. You're passing it off as a joke/fraud situation. Either way, /done.

I'll be back in about an hour that might give you time to figure out what your doing because right now you don't have a clue. I expect to see something worth responding to so get busy.

Awuh, wifey went to sleep and now your children are alone in their bed and you think you can take advantage of them without her knowledge. Ew. Anyway, I'm done with you. I posted your dating profile. You're passing it off as a joke/fraud situation. Either way, /done.

So much for that.

Archived