northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February Banter Thread

Gastonwxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a huge bust for the GFS if we don't get a miller A around the 12th time frame. It already lost and never brought back the first one on the 10th. At one point it showed the 10th storm and the 12th. lol

All hail KING EURO!

Edit : nvm : The storm is just suppressed, judging by the other thread it sounded lieki it was completely gone. Still All hail KING EURO though.

I hope so, and there is definitely the potential. I don't want folks thinking I abandoned the storm over one run but this imo is not gonna materialize like we hope.

Ya it is frustrating as hell! I no there is going to be a lot of waffeling from run to run but ya i think this will pan out. Also watching run to run will drive you crazy to say the least.

Wow just read through all the drama yesterday. I think the biggest issue is no real storm threats. So because of that our threads kind of meander. Last year we had a few "black ops" during Storm Modes so everything looked clean because it was getting attention immediately. This year we have two mods, during an inactive winter so things are going to fall through the cracks. Most of us have all been guilty of doing some sort of weenish banter on the Wx side and expected it to get moved. No one should take anything personally or get upset at the mods when they do take big action. The question to ask is how many on here have moderated a large message board? I've done a few one being a rather large religious board :wacko: . It was constant moderating and you had to do scorched earth approach all the time! It's a tough non paying job that people do out of their free time so just realize that, ego or not it's their job to do and I have hardly seen "abuses" of power on this board like I have on other boards.

Wow just read through all the drama yesterday. I think the biggest issue is no real storm threats. So because of that our threads kind of meander. Last year we had a few "black ops" during Storm Modes so everything looked clean because it was getting attention immediately. This year we have two mods, during an inactive winter so things are going to fall through the cracks. Most of us have all been guilty of doing some sort of weenish banter on the Wx side and expected it to get moved. No one should take anything personally or get upset at the mods when they do take big action. The question to ask is how many on here have moderated a large message board? I've done a few one being a rather large religious board :wacko: . It was constant moderating and you had to do scorched earth approach all the time! It's a tough non paying job that people do out of their free time so just realize that, ego or not it's their job to do and I have hardly seen "abuses" of power on this board like I have on other boards.

I think the biggest issue is consistency, not the lack of threats, and the ego problems are not from the Mods, but from posters that have already been warned in the past. As for the new people that are posting, most would change their posting habits if they see things being removed and the reasons for it. I have been a Mod on another board for many years, and know you can't please everyone nor should you try. It's a thankless job that's for sure, but consistency in what isn't tolerated earns respect. We've had it relatively easy here in the SE thread as we do a lot of moderating ourselves, but as we have continued to grow the need for action from those that can take action has increased. Yes, we all have had weenish banter on the wx side at times, but that is the difference, it's at random and not every post from certain people. I just hope in the future things get back to "normal" around here :hug:

I think the biggest issue is consistency, not the lack of threats, and the ego problems are not from the Mods, but from posters that have already been warned in the past. As for the new people that are posting, most would change their posting habits if they see things being removed and the reasons for it. I have been a Mod on another board for many years, and know you can't please everyone nor should you try. It's a thankless job that's for sure, but consistency in what isn't tolerated earns respect. We've had it relatively easy here in the SE thread as we do a lot of moderating ourselves, but as we have continued to grow the need for action from those that can take action has increased. Yes, we all have had weenish banter on the wx side at times, but that is the difference, it's at random and not every post from certain people. I just hope in the future things get back to "normal" around here :hug:

Well I think the thing is when reporting skyrockets you have to get a handle on it. So I understand exactly why he did what he did. I don't really mind the lack of consistency because it's been that way on our subforum since back on Eastern (or when I came on board anyways). We just have to accept that both of our mods have lives outside of this forum. Naturally because this winter has blown donkey balls the forum is not going to be corralled as much because there isn't much need to because of the lack of posts. As for some getting away with it, I think that's just the nature of being a mod, no matter what personal feelings can get involved. Even mods have enemies and friends. Ah well, gotta love message board drama :popcorn:

Well I think the thing is when reporting skyrockets you have to get a handle on it. So I understand exactly why he did what he did. I don't really mind the lack of consistency because it's been that way on our subforum since back on Eastern (or when I came on board anyways). We just have to accept that both of our mods have lives outside of this forum. Naturally because this winter has blown donkey balls the forum is not going to be corralled as much because there isn't much need to because of the lack of posts. As for some getting away with it, I think that's just the nature of being a mod, no matter what personal feelings can get involved. Even mods have enemies and friends. Ah well, gotta love message board drama :popcorn:

:lol: This is true :wub:

Hey Burger how do you post those images off WunderMap?? I can not for the life of me figure out how to save that image and post......apparently I missing something there! (like the one you posted in the discussion thread)

Is the MAG site down for anyone else?

And this is the correct forum to ask this question right? Apparently some of my posts made it into the seemingly arbitrary lists of things not to say in the medium range thread. There had been plenty of banter in there before, even from respected people, so I didn't think any of my posts were out of line. But whatever. I'll play it safe from this point on.

Hey Burger how do you post those images off WunderMap?? I can not for the life of me figure out how to save that image and post......apparently I missing something there! (like the one you posted in the discussion thread)

If you're using Firefox or Chrome you can use an exension/add on that allows you to screenshot and markup within your browser. I use Explain and Send Screenshots on Chrome which lets you upload to IMGUR.

If you're using Firefox or Chrome you can use an exension/add on that allows you to screenshot and markup within your browser. I use Explain and Send Screenshots on Chrome which lets you upload to IMGUR.

Thanks!! Probably gonna have to wait till I get to my personal comp.....having problems adding the add on to this one at work. Thanks again man!

folks, I just want to say, I'm back.... the SE board is so refreshing with the general positive vibe over here... I cant deal with the MA board.... I'm making my comeback over here

Damn, who did you tick off in the MA threads, seems like a couple of them chased you over here just for good measure. Please try to keep in mind our conversation from Nov, don't make me look like an ass Millz.

Archived