Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 10-13 Storm Obs/Discussion

Deck Pic

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. One of the stupidest things to ever hit the weatherboards.

Yep. How did you do yesterday? Get anything more than a measly dusting? We got a nice +PNA/-AO combo ahead so I hope it can deliver the goods for everyone. I still like the end of this week/weekend but unfortunately it is all about the degree of phasing.

We saw how wonderful the models did with yesterday's event. What's 12 hours off....lol no biggie!

My stern warning continues as the state of the NH pattern remains quite unsettled.

Yep. How did you do yesterday? Get anything more than a measly dusting? We got a nice +PNA/-AO combo ahead so I hope it can deliver the goods for everyone. I still like the end of this week/weekend but unfortunately it is all about the degree of phasing.

We saw how wonderful the models did with yesterday's event. What's 12 hours off....lol no biggie!

My stern warning continues as the state of the NH pattern remains quite unsettled.

I don't think we got anything other than some ice pellets and maybe a few overnight flakes but wasn't really planning on anything here.

I am playing up negativity to a reason but it's been fairly consistent that the trough axis is too far east. When you add in needing phases etc it's even more problematic. It would be a shame if we don't cash in somewhere in the upcoming period and I tend to think we will at some point tho I doubt we get a widespread 6-12+ in the coastal plain around here.

I don't think we got anything other than some ice pellets and maybe a few overnight flakes but wasn't really planning on anything here.

I am playing up negativity to a reason but it's been fairly consistent that the trough axis is too far east. When you add in needing phases etc it's even more problematic. It would be a shame if we don't cash in somewhere in the upcoming period and I tend to think we will at some point tho I doubt we get a widespread 6-12+ in the coastal plain around here.

Yea, highly unlikely getting that with a single event. However, it's not unreasonable to think we get 6" for the month or even more. I know the GFS is on its own to some extent but looping the 12z nhem map is pretty nice. Ridge out west through the whole run and amplified flow throughout too. If anything like that actually verified we could potentially see 3 or more threats during a 2 week period. Getting 3 1-3/2-4 events would at least get this year out of the top 10 worst snow years.

I could see this Wed-Thu wave trend snowier; it is a good little vort max. But it would most likely favor northern areas at best (N WV, NW MD, PA).

It needs to trenmd wetter with stronger uvv to get it colder. As it stands now, the surfact temps look pretty warm, very much like this last storm.

It needs to trenmd wetter with stronger uvv to get it colder. As it stands now, the surfact temps look pretty warm, very much like this last storm.

Agreed. The timing isn't going to help either (during the day). So we have to watch the trends in its dynamics for sure. Perhaps it will make for a "snowflake in the air" type of day but with no real problems.

The 12Z GFS seems to suggest good moisture available at 850 mb and yet relatively dry at 700 mb

on 02/12 at around 15Z.

I'm guessing the the storm is shearing out and with perhaps flurries in the Mid-Atlantic. It seems that this

storm will have breaks in the clouds on the north side of the trough and primary light to moderate precip suppressed to the south.

At 177 hours, the 850mb layer is well saturated and the 700 mb chart/layer dry as a bone in the mid-Atlantic

I'm more then willing to drop this one, the set up is just taunting us. Skies the limit and I'm going all in around the 23th (perhaps a few days earlier) as our first and only real storm of the season. This of course goes with no scientific basis, but that's what makes it more epic if I win, because if i win we all win lol.

I'm more then willing to drop this one, the set up is just taunting us. Skies the limit and I'm going all in around the 23th (perhaps a few days earlier) as our the first and only real storm of the season, this of course goes with no scientific basis, but that's what makes it all the more epic if I win, because if i win we all win lol.

You're probably basing this on some 300+ hr fantasy GFS run.

You should know better.

Archived