• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 10-13 Storm Obs/Discussion

Deck Pic

Isn't the ensemble mean usually flatter/colder?

That's because you mean out all the solutions. Look at the spaghetti plot and compare it to any of the various members. Compare the southern most white line to the orange ones and the second white line up from it to the green. See how the differences aren't due to averaging of the various members cancelling out each other but are becuase of initial analysis difference. The white lines are the operational run except it's run at the same resolution as the ensemble members.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the 264 hr ensemble mean and spaghetti plot. See how different they are from the Operational (white line). It's pretty much on its own on how much it pulls the trough west. It could still be right but having it out on a limb means it usually gets cut off on the next run.

post-70-0-07917900-1327946548.gif

Seeing that does not give a lot of confidence. You are def right on the trough set up.

Seeing that does not give a lot of confidence. You are def right on the trough set up.

No it doesn't, the only good thing is that the models are showing so much uncertainy that all the runs will probably be quite different tomorrow so we may get another different looking evolution that looks exciting.

6z should keep you interested

This period is too far out to consider placement of surface elements

but notice low pressure north-northwest of the coastal low. This

suggests boundary layer issues. Cold air advection sweeps in after

the moisture departs to the northeast. Matt is correct about maintaining

the lowest possible expectations.

Yeah....the models are having a hard time....problem now is though they seem to only be showing bad solutions...different ones...but still bad. Keep your hopes low people...as far as we know the much hyped torch happens mid Feb....delayed but not denied. I have held my tongue all winter...but man this one has sucked some serious monkey b alls

Yeah....the models are having a hard time....problem now is though they seem to only be showing bad solutions...different ones...but still bad. Keep your hopes low people...as far as we know the much hyped torch happens mid Feb....delayed but not denied. I have held my tongue all winter...but man this one has sucked some serious monkey b alls

the only thing that has made it bearable for me is that time flies as you get older :(

has every event(regardless of how small) trended colder as we've gotten closer this season? I can think of one maybe two so far.

im not sure.. most events were awful.

the second storm has a really nice southern vort but it gets shunted.

Supposedly this an HM storm now but I'm pretty sure matt gave me the naming rights in exchange for the march superbomb

Cool...are you taking suggestions on a name or are you going to be selfish? Try to be a little more creative than presidents day III or VD II...K

Archived