• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 10-13 Storm Obs/Discussion

Deck Pic

haha I wish it was even had that, no i had a dream about it, and i was just trying to be the local prophet, shame on me lol

oh boy. well then.. if we don't get something good by the 14th, it may be tough, as it looks to get milder and probably stay that way for a while per Euro ensembles. Yeah the models suck and are always subject to change, but we have not seen more than brief cold shots all winter long and not much has changed to support the idea of any sustained cold, especially for the eastern third of the country.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This winter has been so warm, that If shearing wasn't so strong in the gulf we might need to start a new thread on possible tropical development in February!?

You know it's bad when Algerian capital, Algiers in Northern Africa 10cm of snow surpasses anything we've gotten :(

Again, I don't care what models show at this stage. With this pattern, they've been thrashing around up until like 24-48 hours before an "event". Yeah, yeah, the models have mostly shown this OTS, but the evolution changes every 6 hours.

The 18z gfs ens members did show more with a system getting closer. 4 was the count I believe. There was only one at 12z I believe. Long way out in time. 120 hours is what I was looking at.

Its pretty much all she wrote with this weekends threat. Guidance has really converged on a solution that there will be no interaction between the branches. The only hope is for norther stream driven dynamics, or early next week perhaps the next s/w around the PV can phase up. Our luck the PV will grow to massive size and shear any wave out as it passes to our south.

Its pretty much all she wrote with this weekends threat. Guidance has really converged on a solution that there will be no interaction between the branches. The only hope is for norther stream driven dynamics, or early next week perhaps the next s/w around the PV can phase up. Our luck the PV will grow to massive size and shear any wave out as it passes to our south.

GFS looks good for the second s/w for early next week. It may be trying to pull something this run.

it's only monday dude....there is no convergence on anything at day 5-6

I'm back from deep creek

Snow is good but not the same when you have to drive to it

They have a general 1-4 inches (elevation dependent). Pretty pathetic. In fact if it had not been from this weekend storm they would of had barren ground

Archived