• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
D6 event....blizzard, flizzard, rain, or partly cloudy?

weathafella

That is what I'm hoping to see. This GFS depiction is nice, but without the Doctor giving his blessings I'm wary.

All the GFS does at this time range is get people excited thinking a huge strm is on the way. All th news stations tonite will all base their forecasts off of it..and call for big hit.

Until Friday i don't care what it shows.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS has had a long duration signal when it showed a hit. No HP to the north. How's this all snow?

There's pretty decent UL confluence to our north with all that energy in vortex stretched out. Although you're not seeing a high pressure center (because the energy is strung out and not organized in a s/w per se) there is pretty decent higher pressure to our north that will keep cold air locked in place

There's pretty decent UL confluence to our north with all that energy in vortex stretched out. Although you're not seeing a high pressure center (because the energy is strung out and not organized in a s/w per se) there is pretty decent higher pressure to our north that will keep cold air locked in place

Is there not a high in the great lakes that is funnelling cold air in?

I vote for the 12Z GFS. That is a dream storm for just about everyone and nobody gets left out from what I can see from DC to BOS and out to here. Different animal from last year's Mid Atlantic things because we do get a northern stream phase ultimately and the 50/50 low does get put of dodge finally to allow it up here.

Widespread 20+ inch strm from DCA to BOS.. One of my favorites growing up. A crusher in an otherwise awful winter that year

Not a perfect analog to the 12Z gfs. That storm stayed further south/east as confluence held tougher I think. But of course a great storm ...got a foot below Albany ...was in High School.

We had a foot from a previous Noreaster in ENY in early Feb. 1983...so it was a two storm winter here. Then the only other notable event was the Spring snowstorm on April 17th or 19th...

Widespread 20+ inch strm from DCA to BOS.. One of my favorites growing up. A crusher in an otherwise awful winter that year

GFS ensembles are maybe 100 mi SE of the BM...so a trend NW from previous runs. It looks like it tries to go out to the east but then hook back north. I'd imagine its probably a pretty good hit for E/SE areas.

just a guess, but based on what the individual members looked like previously, i'm assuming there are a couple of members still pretty far NW like the Op run with the majority much flatter...but maybe a hair closer (based on the fact that the precip seems more smoothed this run)

Archived