• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
D6 event....blizzard, flizzard, rain, or partly cloudy?

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The southern stream remains fairly modest and it never phases with any of the northern stream.

will, arent pure southern stream storms in a La Nina winter taboo? all ive heard/read this fall season was we can expect lots of northern stream systems as the southern goes dead....kinda gets me thinking the GGEM is onto something.

Thanks, I was wondering if it was a late phase or not.

I'm still learning and I'll keep watching what you folks say as i read the mode(s).

Wow, That GFS and UKMET have me really excited!

I would also add an interesting distinction between the 00z UKMET run and this 12z GFS (if that is what is being compared...), and that is that the UKMET depcition clearly shows much more PV phasing, whereas the GFS depiction really shows only partial infusion of dynamics from that source.

lol...gefs members are essentially split into 3 camps...1 camp is very far west (a bunch actually run the HV) severally are basically nada...and a couple are scrapers.

I honestly think there would be some wrist-cutting if this thing went up the HV... most I think would enjoy a miss wide right instead of another balmy rainstorm. I know I would much, much prefer to get absolutely nothing rather than another 3" followed by 2" of rain.

With that said, the GFS is fun to look at. Snows for days even up here and QPF is still .75-1.25" all the way up into the north country thanks to backlash snows. Then again, I just mentioned QPF on a 144hr GFS prog... :axe:

I honestly think there would be some wrist-cutting if this thing went up the HV... most I think would enjoy a miss wide right instead of another balmy rainstorm. I know I would much, much prefer to get absolutely nothing rather than another 3" followed by 2" of rain.

I dunno -- starting off the winter by watching the mid-Atlantic get buried while I whiff again would be just as bad for me. Balmy rain only bothers me if it's wiping out a snowpack, and I literally have nothing to lose right now.

Archived