• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
D6 event....blizzard, flizzard, rain, or partly cloudy?

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also add an interesting distinction between the 00z UKMET run and this 12z GFS (if that is what is being compared...), and that is that the UKMET depcition clearly shows much more PV phasing, whereas the GFS depiction really shows only partial infusion of dynamics from that source.

Thank you as well. I was wondering the GGEM and GFS are so different. Now i see the NoGaps posted on here. Okay, my books don't talk about the details like you put it. The GFS, to me, looked like an early phase, and GGEM looked like it was late or missed. Both at 12z. What you said about the PV was over my head .. at least for now :lol: concerning UKMET at 0z verses 12z GFS.

Wow, the Weather Forum is very slow on my end right now.

I honestly think there would be some wrist-cutting if this thing went up the HV... most I think would enjoy a miss wide right instead of another balmy rainstorm. I know I would much, much prefer to get absolutely nothing rather than another 3" followed by 2" of rain.

With that said, the GFS is fun to look at. Snows for days even up here and QPF is still .75-1.25" all the way up into the north country thanks to backlash snows. Then again, I just mentioned QPF on a 144hr GFS prog... :axe:

regardless of what the gfs and its ensembles do...i'd still wager that odds are much higher this is a miss than an hugger.

who knows, maybe the euro will come way west but i'd be more worried about a whiff.

I honestly think there would be some wrist-cutting if this thing went up the HV... most I think would enjoy a miss wide right instead of another balmy rainstorm. I know I would much, much prefer to get absolutely nothing rather than another 3" followed by 2" of rain.

With that said, the GFS is fun to look at. Snows for days even up here and QPF is still .75-1.25" all the way up into the north country thanks to backlash snows. Then again, I just mentioned QPF on a 144hr GFS prog... :axe:

Actually, it would be more difficult for this system to do that in this evolution; different from the last, there is westward displacement of ridging at high latitudes in Canada - that would effectively block such motion polarward through the Lakes.

It is another reason why there is a better correlation for OV/MA lowering heights when the there is blocking in that way, because it forces the traffic S in the means.

Lol dude, do you do anything besides troll?

If you got it, flaunt it.

I cannot help but make note of the fact that this is, apparently, your first and only post.

That being the case, I would like to point out that the number of posts I've made which are not trolling, but rather, directly related to the very pithy subject at hand of weather, is infinitely larger than the number of posts you've made doing anything other than question me.

Welcome to the board!

What do you think of the unfolding situation?

Archived