• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's becoming more difficult to discern whether you are being serious or sarcastic lol

I'm actually being serious. If the Euro doesn't cave, I'm thinking we're going to see a more widespread snow in SNE and maybe CNE. Some of us are going to rain, be more like a mid December storm due to SST's unless we get a good north component.

I fear more SE than N this time

I don't quite see how we'd actually swing snow from this one. Especially if there's any E component to the winds during.

Well that's the thing, especially if this storm comes closer. However, with a high to the north and low passing further offshore, it would help keep the wind at say 040-050 instead of 080. That would help, especially areas just nw of the city. It's close to all snow on the GFS, but yeah I think as is, we would have ptype problems for a while, right in the city.

absolutely. don't have time to go thru posts. but we had Brian "lol" about 850s not going above freeziing the entire event. Sam was on it, as was Ginx, conversation about how it looked like confluence could subtly build in. words like "sneaky" entering the dialogue. Dryslot poked his head up and took his damn sled to get tuned! You were here too! It got warmer 36 ago and then colder.

This was a colder look for NNE and CNE though...colder than the conventional wisdom at the time of rain to the Canadian Border.

I do remember that, but the GFS was pretty far south too a couple of days ago.

I'm actually being serious. If the Euro doesn't cave, I'm thinking we're going to see a more widespread snow in SNE and maybe CNE. Some of us are going to rain, be more like a mid December storm due to SST's unless we get a good north component.

I fear more SE than N this time

Colder solution equals suppression

Well that's the thing, especially if this storm comes closer. However, with a high to the north and low passing further offshore, it would help keep the wind at say 040-050 instead of 080. That would help, especially areas just nw of the city. It's close to all snow on the GFS, but yeah I think as is, we would have ptype problems for a while, right in the city.

Yeah, I'd like to see more of a NNE and a little more slumping to the SE of the track before I raise an eyebrow in the direction of this system, at least as far as my own backyard is concerned (read: I do not care about anywhere/anyone else).

Like I said before, I view this more as the landmark of a pattern change, less as an opportunity to get immediate results the likes of which I'm hoping said pattern change will bring.

was it? sorry I don't remember that....anyhow I am coming down to Brookline on Thursday afternoon....niece flying in from FL. Then staying there with a day trip to Amherst to look at schools. Back up in NH Saturday eve. I want her to see snow so hopefully Boston gets in on it...or at least there will be some waiting for us in NH.

I use your site and e-wall ... any chance of adding a hover over loop like on e-wall?? (sorry to go OT)

http://www.meteo.psu...mski/ewall.html link for e-wall

It's not my site

I used to have a dull, boring life. I wasn't happy with the other models sites, but then I started using http://www.instantweathermaps.com

Now suddenly I'm dating a supermodel, driving a Porsche and moved to a mansion.

Thanks http://www.instantweathermaps.com !

OK, so it's someone I know that owns it, but still... neither I nor he has ever said you would move into a mansion lol.

Yeah, I'd like to see more of a NNE and a little more slumping to the SE of the track before I raise an eyebrow in the direction of this system, at least as far as my own backyard is concerned (read: I do not care about anywhere/anyone else).

Like I said before, I view this more as the landmark of a pattern change, less as an opportunity to get immediate results the likes of which I'm hoping said pattern change will bring.

Usually with a high in place, you and I are pretty much money, but the cold air is minimal and SSTs arounf 5F above normal aren't helping. However if the euro continues, it might be time to evaluate things further.

was it? sorry I don't remember that....anyhow I am coming down to Brookline on Thursday afternoon....niece flying in from FL. Then staying there with a day trip to Amherst to look at schools. Back up in NH Saturday eve. I want her to see snow so hopefully Boston gets in on it...or at least there will be some waiting for us in NH.

It was the 00z runs on the 6th. That was it. Euro was se.

Colder solution equals suppression

Further north you go sure, but this one is disconnecting from the system to the west...so cold/snow seems more likely south.

the gefs mean is actually a hair south of the BM.

ggem would be a decent event for most (SNE) just away from the coast as well.

Yep, those two came in solidly in the cold snowy category. GGEM is nice for Boston.

Funny tweets from Harvey and JC. Harvey tweets: The Thursday storm is trending colder...increasing chance of accumulating snow, especially north and west of Boston

JC :Cool and dry with a light wind. Highs in the 30's. Warmer tomorrow but with more clouds. Next storm is Thu. Looks mild with rain.

Usually with a high in place, you and I are pretty much money, but the cold air is minimal and SSTs arounf 5F above normal aren't helping. However if the euro continues, it might be time to evaluate things further.

I just want to be increasingly fellated by successive model runs until this somehow warps into a raging blizzard with the bullseye right on my taint.

Is it so much to ask?

Both the buoy they moved off Truro and the Boston Harbor entrance buoy are sitting on land, both went adrift 12/9. But the sanctuary buoy is 45.1...stunningly warm. This will behave like an early December storm...any easterly component can torch back inland a bit.

Further north you go sure, but this one is disconnecting from the system to the west...so cold/snow seems more likely south.

Yep, those two came in solidly in the cold snowy category. GGEM is nice for Boston.

But is also takes a more of a ESE track with the low as well

Funny tweets from Harvey and JC. Harvey tweets: The Thursday storm is trending colder...increasing chance of accumulating snow, especially north and west of Boston

JC :Cool and dry with a light wind. Highs in the 30's. Warmer tomorrow but with more clouds. Next storm is Thu. Looks mild with rain.

Easy to see who stays on top of things.

So the 12Z GFS is in the process of sliding everything too far out to sea for us in ENY and WNE ...beautiful.... The question is ..will cold air ever mix with moisture in the winter of 11-12?

You're beating my qpf drum, Rick. Regardless how it plays, it's fun to have something of interest.

By the way--can we rename this thread to read "This Week's Storm...."?

Archived