• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

yeah honestly i hadn't even considered frozen anywhere south of the whites and w/n maine up until yesterday.

i think the additional surge of weak/moderate CAA that happens tomorrow afternoon is a good thing for the interior areas. that innocuous feature rotating around the pv up in hudson bay linking up with this little northern stream shortwave crossing by seems to be shortening the period of early/mid week waa. for so long it looked like a huge wall of low and mid-level warmth got pushed northward starting tomorrow and was in full force by wednesday. that had the mid-levels absolutely roasting by late wed and into thur. that's being cut down now.

baby steps and all a part of the changing regime...we need to starting shifting our thinking to the new paradigm. I fully expect a mostly frozen event up here for Wed eve and Thurs. I hope I am not disappointed, but the trends look good. 12Z is the critical run I think because we had colder runs 2.5 days ago which disappeared 1 or 2 cycles later and then came back yesterday afternoon and eve.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah honestly i hadn't even considered frozen anywhere south of the whites and w/n maine up until yesterday.

i think the additional surge of weak/moderate CAA that happens tomorrow afternoon is a good thing for the interior areas. that innocuous feature rotating around the pv up in hudson bay linking up with this little northern stream shortwave crossing by  seems to be shortening the period of early/mid week waa. for so long it looked like a huge wall of low and mid-level warmth got pushed northward starting tomorrow and was in full force by wednesday. that had the mid-levels absolutely roasting by late wed and into thur. that's being cut down now.

Last Thursday hints at this potential outcome were thrown out by the Euro Ens. Hopefully it pans out. It is a pseudo -Nao albeit transient which rotates this due East and slows down the vort max forcing it East. There are a lot of jaded folks here but this could be decent for quite a few. I agree totally with your earlier post, very much less interested in what lies ahead in 15 days, now that we are in a favorable pattern it will be nice to look at and track up close systems. Amazingly cold air will be in Canada, coldest air in the world on our side of the world upcoming. Make due time.

I have to say we see the phrase"esp. north of the pike" tossed around so often..esp this winter..and so far it hasn't mattered one iota . If this one is to be wintry at all I 'm not sure if we have to use that term. That phrase annoys me more than anything else does on this board. I cringe when I see people use that. It's like someone scraping nails on a chalkboard

Why, its a perfect east-west demarcation line... just like RT 2. Does Will have a fit when folks say north of RT 2?

i think the additional surge of weak/moderate CAA that happens tomorrow afternoon is a good thing for the interior areas. that innocuous feature rotating around the pv up in hudson bay linking up with this little northern stream shortwave crossing by seems to be shortening the period of early/mid week waa. for so long it looked like a huge wall of low and mid-level warmth got pushed northward starting tomorrow and was in full force by wednesday. that had the mid-levels absolutely roasting by late wed and into thur. that's being cut down now.

Like has been said already here, we're not racing to cool the boundary layer this time around.

Archived