• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems like the first time all winter that there's actually a bit of a mechanism to promote some CAD/hold in HP for a while. it's not perfect but there's just enough confluent flow that evolves behind tonight's LP as it gets up into the 50/50 zone. really even the ec ens would be OK for C/NNE. i think the euro has the right idea.

As for the LR, the EC ens start to retrograde the PV back toward AK/Yukon by d15 and we go back above normal in the NE. There's a hint of a little ridging at times toward Greenland/Iceland, but nothing much at this point. Hopefully we can cash in a couple times in the next 2 weeks.

Please tell me we are not going back to the current pattern we've been in You're kidding right?

Please tell me we are not going back to the current pattern we've been in You're kidding right?

Patterns have memory in seasons it seems. That said, just like this coming pattern change, maybe the one out of it is being rushed a bit. I like the idea of 2-4 weeks of winter ala 1999-00. Let's make hay during that period..

Unfortunately, can't say I disagree. The word on LC is that he's a heck of a nice person, but his forecasting

Larry is one of the best forecaster out there. You guys forget he called for An amazing end of December and January 2011? He nailed that several months out and in a strong La Nina of all things! Also did great with his severe weather predictions and hurricane season. Ohh yeh and he is a great guy, I've known him over ten years now. One of the best mets in the business...

Euro is a very cold solution...no doubt about it...Ray (NW of BOS by 14 miles) would even get several inches...and the interior like ORH hills would prob get 3-7" and then some ice/sleet before it ends.

But this is the coldest guidance has ever been on this event, so its hard to take it too seriously yet...but its starting to get closer in the Euro "lethal" range...so we'll have to watch it more closely. The amazing thing is that its south enough it gives minimal precip to NNE. It looked like rain for them on previous progs.

I'm not sure what to make of this, other than there is a distinct cooling trend, but I'm very weary of the Euro overdoing that trend. It did it in the 12/23 event.

Yeah I honestly can't believe we may avoid a rainstorm before a holiday weekend in Ski Country. The pattern MUST be changing if nature doesn't want to rain in ski country before big business. Have at it SNE!

As that PV retrogrades, the heights rise significantly to our east and se. The se ridge rises once again.

As we said before..I don't know how many times, this pattern is not the most wintry and may not be long lasting. Hopefully it reverses again at 00z, but what the EC does, makes sense for now. Without blocking, that's the risk.

As that PV retrogrades, the heights rise significantly to our east and se. The se ridge rises once again.

As we said before..I don't know how many times, this pattern is not the most wintry and may not be long lasting. Hopefully it reverses again at 00z, but what the EC does, makes sense for now. Without blocking, that's the risk.

it's funny...i'm kind of to the point where i don't care what the pattern looks like 2 weeks from now. it'll be what it'll be.

i'd like to see an event or two get going in the short and mid range.

The AK vortex and the GOA ridge respectively are a b*tch to dislodge when they settle in, we've seen that just about every winter we've had an AK vortex and we saw in 02-03 how damn hard that ridging in the GOA was to get rid of it when it was there.

Archived