• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And while we're discussing the Euro being by far the coldest, probably worthwhile to mention the same model was delivering an accumulating snow/rain event here today..and instead I've got John Denver on my shoulders...and that was inside of 72 hours.

Good. Let it go farther south and east.

Euro was marginal for you to begin with.

And while we're discussing the Euro being by far the coldest, probably worthwhile to mention the same model was delivering an accumulating snow/rain event here today..and instead I've got John Denver on my shoulders...and that was inside of 72 hours.

nah that was for tonight/tomorrow. there'll still be some light qpf around i think toward tomorrow AM.

I know but was more or less pointing out...coming into the uber pattern change it's had it's bad moments too.

That said isn't it nice to have something to track? We'll get our good 10+ days, let's enjoy it.

Well I hope it works out for the interior hills, but for once..it would be nice to have something more widespread. Hopefully that comes about in the next couple of weeks.

Yeah I'm out of this, short of a 80yd TD pass in overtime....lol.

This setup seems a little different than the setups that trended warmer, but yeah..it could move 50 miles nw and screw all of SNE.

I'm just mentally exhuasted by this winter and could care less.

i'm not even sure if our odds on the CP are that good. LOL.

what i "like" - and i use that term losely - about this event is we aren't racing to try and cool a torched BL at the same time precip is moving in. this should have some leftover stale air and then maybe a bit of cold air drainage over parts of the interior. add in low track, climo etc...i'd think it's worth watching for the higher terrain - especially N of the Pike.

i'm not even sure if our odds on the CP are that good. LOL.

what i "like" - and i use that term losely - about this event is we aren't racing to try and cool a torched BL at the same time precip is moving in. this should have some leftover stale air and then maybe a bit of cold air drainage over parts of the interior. add in low track, climo etc...i'd think it's worth watching for the higher terrain - especially N of the Pike.

It has a high to our north...something we have not seen all year.

Only in this winter would a BM track mix up into interior mass. What a joke.

I feel like we've said this several times this season... wasn't the Thanksgiving and one before Xmas tracks that ended up either along the SNE south coast or south, and still managed to be a marginal slop storm all the way up here?

haha, its been a special winter so far.

I feel like we've said this several times this season... wasn't the Thanksgiving and one before Xmas tracks that ended up either along the SNE south coast or south, and still managed to be a marginal slop storm all the way up here?

haha, its been a special winter so far.

It did, but this one at least has a good high. The airmass prior to the storm arrival is a little torched, thanks to strong srly -se flow aloft, but it's always good to have a high.

I have to say we see the phrase"esp. north of the pike" tossed around so often..esp this winter..and so far it hasn't mattered one iota . If this one is to be wintry at all I 'm not sure if we have to use that term. That phrase annoys me more than anything else does on this board. I cringe when I see people use that. It's like someone scraping nails on a chalkboard

I have to say we see the phrase"esp. north of the pike" tossed around so often..esp this winter..and so far it hasn't mattered one iota . If this one is to be wintry at all I 'm not sure if we have to use that term. That phrase annoys me more than anything else does on this board. I cringe when I see people use that. It's like someone scraping nails on a chalkboard

It's more like near the NH border with this thing right now, to be honest.

There are a few plus points, as Phil pointed out. It will be relatively cold in the lower levels. It's actually kind of cold over my head, but too much erly flow here. I wouldn't do more than raise an eyebrow right now. We know the drill with these so far, but this one is a bit different..so the same rules may not apply.

I doubt you'd be complaining if the common phrase were south of the pike.

When I lived in Boston, and then just outside of Boston the phrase I hated the most was north and west of 495, although during those times, the phrase was usually spot on.

I doubt you'd be complaining if the common phrase were south of the pike.

When I lived in Boston, and then just outside of Boston the phrase I hated the most was north and west of 495, although during those times, the phrase was usually spot on.

Even worse, N&W of 128.

But it was sweet revenge when BOS-south got nailed.

What? North of the Pike, I am sure its really annoying for the ones to the south of it like yourself, I would be pissed to except i am well north of the pike and i get bent for other reasons

Well, in the Helloween storm N of the Pike was the difference between 1-2 days w/o power and 1-2 weeks w/o power.

It's more like near the NH border with this thing right now, to be honest.

There are a few plus points, as Phil pointed out. It will be relatively cold in the lower levels. It's actually kind of cold over my head, but too much erly flow here. I wouldn't do more than raise an eyebrow right now. We know the drill with these so far, but this one is a bit different..so the same rules may not apply.

Beleve me..I'm not excited about this one. My curiosity is peaked, but after the sobering news you guys delivered past 14 days...I'm numb..Not comfortably like Tip..Just numb

Archived