• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anybody has the ability, loop the GFS op 500 heights for nrn hemi. Under the big block, we have a cutoff low south of the Aleutians. The GFS is consistently reforming this, which helps drive the PNA + and dump the cold and storminess in here.

The EC ensembles don't really do this, but you can see hints of it. Obviously details are TBD, but something to watch. Any nrn stream system with a block like that will never be handled right in the long range...as Will said yesterday. I certainly would not be as bullish as the GFS op by any means, but it doesn't mean one or two systems could behave like that.

wow...simply at face value...gfs ensemble mean would be just about all snow for the entire region...save for maybe the immediate coast...but its cold.

Tebow comes to town and all hell is breaking loose, it's a week of miracles.

It's going to be cold and snowy this week. I can feel it in me bones. It's time for most of you to enjoy snow, while Phil and I get rained on at 32.9

Tebow comes to town and all hell is breaking loose, it's a week of miracles.

It's going to be cold and snowy this week. I can feel it in me bones. It's time for most of you to enjoy snow, while Phil and I get rained on at 32.9

It's becoming more difficult to discern whether you are being serious or sarcastic lol

Thanks guys. That run looks close for here...I'd feel better if I was up in MRG land as always, but the trends since a few days ago are pretty remarkable. If the euro latches on, it's game on for a lot of us I think.

Huh? Euro is leading on this and others are catching up. Euro "latched on" 2 or 3 days ago, lost it for a run and brought it back. What I mean by "it" is the snowier colder solutions

I don't recall that.

absolutely. don't have time to go thru posts. but we had Brian "lol" about 850s not going above freeziing the entire event. Sam was on it, as was Ginx, conversation about how it looked like confluence could subtly build in. words like "sneaky" entering the dialogue. Dryslot poked his head up and took his damn sled to get tuned! You were here too! It got warmer 36 ago and then colder.

This was a colder look for NNE and CNE though...colder than the conventional wisdom at the time of rain to the Canadian Border.

Archived