• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol on the caution. we are so wounded! it may not work out, sometimes they don't ... but the trends are much more than one model run....and coming at the right time. it is time for some general excitement andinterest.

It certainly gives us some room if it ends up........You know, Where others have gone, I like the colder solution, This was in Buffalo a week ago.....lol

GGEM agrees with the GFS. Just another case of failed phasing this season (unless it heads for the lakes that is). Shears the vast bulk of the moisture offshore, but the lucky few in interior SNE might get their few sloppy inches Thursday where there is just enough moisture and its just cold enough for wet snow. Giving us the finger in the ALB area now....

GFS has us in the ice box around the 20th

http://www.twisterdata.com/

the NCEP site is terrible.

Wunderground.....little delayed, but superior graphics.

Thanks guys. That run looks close for here...I'd feel better if I was up in MRG land as always, but the trends since a few days ago are pretty remarkable. If the euro latches on, it's game on for a lot of us I think.

GGEM agrees with the GFS. Just another case of failed phasing this season (unless it heads for the lakes that is). Shears the vast bulk of the moisture offshore, but the lucky few in interior SNE might get their few sloppy inches Thursday where there is just enough moisture and its just cold enough for wet snow. Giving us the finger in the ALB area now....

I would still look out for at least the nrn shield. I can't completely buy it until other guidance agrees, but there seems to be a trend.

LOL, compare Messenger's 12z hr 276 post yesterday to hr 252 today. I know what he meant, but shows you the volatility.

Yep, it changed mightily even yesterday afternoon.

BTW, NOAA what the fu** were you thinking with this new site, what a POS for model runs. 10-15 seconds per click when it's busy...nice work way to fix something that was never broken.

I like the malformed SE ridge on the later GFS too, good to see hints of that creeping back in. Overall it's all very positive, multiple threats....heavy opportunity...now can we make it work?

As far as this next event...why wouldn't you all buy this now? A colder solution is very likely, we're finally seeing a major push to true brutal cold. I'd say go cold or go home on this next one.

Archived