• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Next week's storm, Changes, Snow threats beyond (Part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the hope will be that the vortmax continues to dampen out as it comes out of the southern states and passes SE of us. if it ends up stronger it probably tucks this a bit west. but having this thing weaken as it enters the shear zone/cheese grinder that's temporarily to our NE helps us out a lot....well not me...but a chunk of SNE. :lol:

the hope will be that the vortmax continues to dampen out as it comes out of the southern states and passes SE of us. if it ends up stronger it probably tucks this a bit west. but having this thing weaken as it enters the shear zone/cheese grinder that's temporarily to our NE helps us out a lot....well not me...but a chunk of SNE. :lol:

Yeah we know what has been the tendency with southern stream vorts, but the confluence to the north helps. I could almost envision a snow grain/FZDZ deal in between systems for some as well.

I have to say we see the phrase"esp. north of the pike" tossed around so often..esp this winter..and so far it hasn't mattered one iota . If this one is to be wintry at all I 'm not sure if we have to use that term. That phrase annoys me more than anything else does on this board. I cringe when I see people use that. It's like someone scraping nails on a chalkboard

Nothing has, we haven't seen any events, aside from the OCT fluke.

Yeah we know what has been the tendency with southern stream vorts, but the confluence to the north helps. I could almost envision a snow grain/FZDZ deal in between systems for some as well.

I noticed that too as I was going through some sounding analyses the past couple of days. I got bumped to short term duties today though, so the storm is out of my range.

Archived