Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early December Obs/ General Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I get daily updates from Willow and it's getting hard to remain cheerful when I know I could be somewhere that only issues a Winter Weather Advisory for 9-18".lol Here's today's snowfall as of a few hours ago. Heavy snow continues at this hour.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM AKST

SUNDAY.

* LOCATION...THROUGHOUT SUSITNA VALLEY.

* SNOW...SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES MAINLY NORTH AND WEST OF

TALKEETNA. STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 9 TO 18 INCHES IS

EXPECTED NORTH AND WEST OF TALKEETNA.

Yeah, I noticed that too when I was walking in the back woods... frost on the ground at 3PM

Ground is barely frozen

Ground will quickly get unfrozen with the upcoming inferno for the first few days of this coming week, lol.

But with some luck, we might be able to pull off some frozen precip on Wed night or Thursday.

Ground will quickly get unfrozen with the upcoming inferno for the first few days of this coming week, lol.

But with some luck, we might be able to pull off some frozen precip on Wed night or Thursday.

Yeah, but it was actually frozen, in the middle of the day, in a spot that isn't completely shaded

Only down like 1/2"

The mid to late week threat has some potential, but the models are all over the place right now (i.e. today's 12Z GFS vs Euro). 12Z GGEM and 18Z GFS look like a compromise solution that could bring some snows to interior SNE. There is another threat around 180 hours as well, but first things first. Cold shot will probably bring near normal temps locally, but upper Plains and Midwest look rather chilly. This is likely in response to the temporary ridging in AK. Beyond that, the dead ratter pattern looks to take over big time. EPO goes positive again with troughing in AK, SE ridge, and continued positive NAO. We're going to have to find ways to capitalize on the transient troughs and cold shots in this pattern. We need someone to detonate a nuke over the arctic stratosphere right now...

Yeah I have 28 for you. May need to amend downward!

I have two mesonet sites - DW7731 is here in Stafford Springs & DW8905 is at my sugarbush in Union on the side of a hill....that one seems to start off well as it's on the north slope and about 70' down from the top of the hill, but then it levels off. I have both in my sig.

Yeah, but it was actually frozen, in the middle of the day, in a spot that isn't completely shaded

Only down like 1/2"

I was noticing that too. I was surprised that I saw a puddle with ice still in it late this afternoon. The ground temp at 4" is stil arond 40 but it's nice to know that we're making progress.

It certainly started out very pleasant here with a low of 18.

Min temp here was 24 a few hours ago before temps rose a bit. Interesting though at my two stations over 1000'...temps seemed to have bottomed out there around 0200 and started to rise after that...much warmer than usual up there...a sign of things to come. :cry:

What the f*ck. Now random posts from different people are being hidden, with the prompt that I have to "subscribe" to them to see their posts. This board is so messed up. How about going for simplicity instead of adding as many features as possible, and making the skin look like crap

Sorry, but I suddenly can't read 90% of the posts here, and I'm not going to go through and "subscribe" to everyone not shown. I'm sure there's some checkbox to click like 500 levels into the settings, but I'm not going to search for it. Pointless to even come to the board anymore. See ya

Sorry, but I suddenly can't read 90% of the posts here, and I'm not going to go through and "subscribe" to everyone not shown. I'm sure there's some checkbox to click like 500 levels into the settings, but I'm not going to search for it. Pointless to even come to the board anymore. See ya

LOL...meltdown thread.

You should just PM a staff member....your skin is probably accidentally set to subscription skin. Go to the very bottom left side of the page and you will see an option that says "Change theme"...there are 3 options listed...make sure "American Weather" is clicked and not "Subscription skin"

This is definitely as dead as I've ever seen this board during a "winter month." We get more posts on here in May than we have lately and this is like open season and why 99% of us are here (for the winter weather months, not the summer). I think that's the true testament to how bad this pattern is. Last year in December you would leave the board for a day and come back to 40 new pages and about 15 new threads to boot.

Congrats man! Good luck.

Hope it all goes ok! Congrats ensuing!

(Scooter, take notes)

Wow, good luck and remember to take lots of pictures.

Good luck! Among the greatest moments in ones life is the birth of a child. Congrats!

Congratulations!!! And what great timing--no storms to track. Can you imagine being in the delivery room with a KU bearing down? Holding wife's hand in one hand and your i-phone in the other. As the EC roles out, your wife tells you (!!), "breathe honey....it's okay, just breathe".

27.9/25

Remember your breathing exercises, Congrats

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. All went well. Our baby girl was born at 4:31am on Saturday morning. Very long night as expected, but we have a healthy baby and momma. My wife is recovering well and it was amazing to see our 3 1/2 year see and hold her baby sister for the first time!

Archived