Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early December Obs/ General Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy Heavy frost here earlier with a low of 20 degrees. At least my cold mornings ensure the lawn is good and dead.

CL&P said they planned on having 100,000 people out. LOL, what? They have 100,000K out when there is a line of normal tstms coming through in the summer. How the hell did they come to that conclusion?

Yeah, just bustin'. lol

I did like the WWBB skin, but this one is ok and all the features I need are here, so no complaints. Plus, as noted before, the mobile version kicks ass. So, kudos to the tech staff and free snowNH.

I don't use the mobile feature but from what i hear, Everyone likes it, I have a hard enough time reading texts, Sucks when you have old eyes......lol

I think any reference to the JMA goes in the banter thread, so here it is - I thought you should all know that the notion that a GFS (cutter)/Euro (OTS-suppressed) blend would be nice for the EC is 1) embodied in the JMA and 2) is getting attention in the NYC board.

Beats toasters, at any rate........

I think any reference to the JMA goes in the banter thread, so here it is - I thought you should all know that the notion that a GFS (cutter)/Euro (OTS-suppressed) blend would be nice for the EC is 1) embodied in the JMA and 2) is getting attention in the NYC board.

Beats toasters, at any rate........

JMA is a pretty terrible model WRT EC cyclogenesis. It loves to show storms along the coast.

Yup, I noticed a few here and there today as well. Big big winter.

Took the dog out on a short walk through the woods behind the house.

We hit 40.4F today

On the walk I noticed some skim ice and frost in a secluded/shaded area

Winter is close, but summer lives on

There are still snowpiles from October in some of the parking lots near me

Wait, most amazing autumn ever was boring? (well, yeah, but...)

Months and months of + departures, boring? (ummm, yes...)

This was good, though

snow was fun in late october but came with so many problems in ct. I totally enjoyed the torch, but I like excitement, dying for a good ole fashion noreaster, or even southeaster, anything, anything at all.

For now we have a 4 day megatorch inbound again

snow was fun in late october but came with so many problems in ct. I totally enjoyed the torch, but I like excitement, dying for a good ole fashion noreaster, or even southeaster, anything, anything at all.

For now we have a 4 day megatorch inbound again

Yeah... it has been dreadfully dull since 10/29

Hopefully Nature will average it out at some point and bring ferocious storms... but I am not holding my breath yet.

weather is beyond boring, I have lost interest, since Irene its been boringtown usa

I'm not sure I agree with that, but everyone is entitled to their opinions. Sure we've had monotonous stretches and it's not what we'd all pick, but it's been historic on many fronts, in my opinion. It is what is...enjoy because it's the only we have.

Temps dropping off nicely this evening...only two more degrees to meet my P&C forecasted low of 29. I think I might beat that...we'll see.

I'm not sure I agree with that, but everyone is entitled to their opinions. Sure we've had monotonous stretches and it's not what we'd all pick, but it's been historic on many fronts, in my opinion. It is what is...enjoy because it's the only we have.

Temps dropping off nicely this evening...only two more degrees to meet my P&C forecasted low of 29. I think I might beat that...we'll see.

Yeah I have 28 for you. May need to amend downward!

Archived