Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen this in MOS. I hope it's overdoing it

LAMP MOS ABQ

WSP 43 48 52 52 54 66 67 73 72 69 62 59 54 48 41 35 33 31 28 27 28 22 21 20 17

WGS 52 56 60 60 62 74 75 80 81 76 70 66 60

Another round of strong winds was expected Thursday afternoon, producing gusts of 60 to 80 mph, according to the National Weather Service. The peak gust was 97 mph, reported at Whitaker Peak on Wednesday night. On Thursday morning, the highest recorded gusts were also at Whitaker Peak at 61 mph.

Pasadena, Sierra Madre and other foothill communities of the San Gabriel Valley were the hardest hit by windstorm.

I've been in the 20s already like 3-4 times. The problem is that we haven't gotten a real cold night where it got to lower 20s for hours.

I've been gone below 30F like 6-8 times already this year which is below normal though lol. The lowest being 24F while my avg. low is currently 23F, how sad -_-

Nice brisk early December day here at 2k. Mid 20's to start around freezing right now. Windy. Nice to be outside in cold air. Love it. BTW. To Messenger as I don't want to rspond in the dedicated thread. I wasn't critcizing either Ryan's ability as a Met or your knowledge as a hobbyist, I respect both of you very much. I was commenting on the glee you both seem to have when delivering bad news. Please don't change as both yin and yang are needed for harmonious balance. Yantra and Mantra= Tantra

Even when it feels cold, its not, in fact still above normal, sat might be close but sun mon tue wed are going to be an all out mega torch once again, its getting ridiculous.

1 December the year 2011 the first day of "winter"

bos+4

bdl+4

orh+5

orh+5

Yeah something has been wrong with their thermo at the airport. It's been reading warm for a couple mths now. Wonder what they did to it

They are usually warm though on radiational cooling nights. I usually am a bit colder than them...but ever since last summer, I think they have ran warmer on a NW wind. I think they had some newer blacktop put in up there.

Down to 29.3° here. I don't think I'll beat my 19.0° from 10/31 when we had good radiational cooling and snow pack. It's incredible that October's min was lower than November's min (19.9°) here. Further illustrates what an el torcho weather pattern we've been in.

Hey Mitch~Im suprised you said that, according to Pete its been nothing but snow and frigid cold up in the berks!

Hey Mitch~Im suprised you said that, according to Pete its been nothing but snow and frigid cold up in the berks!

Stop. I have reported the weather as it's happened, we've had plenty of sub freezing weather and above normal snowfall. The thing is, our torch weather is your normal winter weather.

Stop. I have reported the weather as it's happened, we've had plenty of sub freezing weather and above normal snowfall. The thing is, our torch weather is your normal winter weather.

comical, reported weather as it's happened.....I did not see many obs regarding the historical torch autumn you experienced?

comical, reported weather as it's happened.....I did not see many obs regarding the historical torch autumn you experienced?

26/23, remained in the 30's today with the ice never melting. I reported my temps I just didn't carry on with a raging b*ner about some above normal temps. I am more interested in the 33" of snow that have fallen here so far. I listened to an interview with Rex Ryan this evening, he really is a knucklehead, you must be ready to admit that.

26/23, remained in the 30's today with the ice never melting. I reported my temps I just didn't carry on with a raging b*ner about some above normal temps. I am more interested in the 33" of snow that have fallen here so far. I listened to an interview with Rex Ryan this evening, he really is a knucklehead, you must be ready to admit that.

I already did, and you responded in the jets thread, but hey two years two afc champ appearences.

*some* above normal temps?:lmao:

I already did, and you responded in the jets thread, but hey two years two afc champ appearences.

*some* above normal temps?:lmao:

I thought of how different it must be to live down there where flowers are still blooming this AM as I set up my tools in wind with temps in the 20's. I can't imagine anything still growing. I remember the exchange in the sports forum. Sadly I am no longer allowed to visit the sports forum because of some vague and ill defined infraction on my part.

I thought of how different it must be to live down there where flowers are still blooming this AM as I set up my tools in wind with temps in the 20's. I can't imagine anything still growing. I remember the exchange in the sports forum. Sadly I am no longer allowed to visit the sports forum because of some vague and ill defined infraction on my part.

what? why cant you post in the sports forum?

By the way your mailbox is full, jeez man read your messages.

Archived