joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early December Obs/ General Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT is a cesspool. Its funny how the so called intellectuals that run the cliques in OT operate. They live to troll and devour other people in order to make them feel small, dumb, and pathetic. Padding egos and making themselves feel better unconciously. Its all sort of ironic how they proclaim to present a better brand of posting etiquette when in truth they act childish at times.

I have a theory with all the weather weenie nerd types on this board, they are replicating the abuse they saw in high school or something. Either that or they are seeking some level of prestige on a wx board that they cannot achieve in real life. Unfortunately some of these characters only know how to do it in a negative manner that abuses other members of this forum.

Either that or some people are plain miserable or jealous of the SNE snow totals.

some people need to wake up and be considerate and helpful, gain respect in a positive manner and be helpful to other people.

Buffalo is due for a dead ratter of a winter...60" or something stupid lol.

We are sort of due for one up here, too. Lowest snowfall in the past 10 years was 246" in 2009-2010. Amazing that the lowest snowfall year in the past 10 years at the mountain was caused by suppression (Mid Atlantic winter) rather than warm temperatures, lol.

We are sort of due for one up here, too. Lowest snowfall in the past 10 years was 246" in 2009-2010. Amazing that the lowest snowfall year in the past 10 years at the mountain was caused by suppression (Mid Atlantic winter) rather than warm temperatures, lol.

It probably won't be the case this winter...but it's just something to think about I guess. Buffalo hasn't had a 60" or lower winter since 1990-1991. The average since 1995 has been about 105"....over 10" higher than the long term average.

Nice brisk early December day here at 2k. Mid 20's to start around freezing right now. Windy. Nice to be outside in cold air. Love it. BTW. To Messenger as I don't want to rspond in the dedicated thread. I wasn't critcizing either Ryan's ability as a Met or your knowledge as a hobbyist, I respect both of you very much. I was commenting on the glee you both seem to have when delivering bad news. Please don't change as both yin and yang are needed for harmonious balance. Yantra and Mantra= Tantra

Well BUF is essentially a microclimate and not necessarily representative of the rest of Western NY. I'm trying to recall (maybe 2 winters ago) that my cousins in Allegany County didn't get much snow at all while BUF did ok.

It probably won't be the case this winter...but it's just something to think about I guess. Buffalo hasn't had a 60" or lower winter since 1990-1991. The average since 1995 has been about 105"....over 10" higher than the long term average.

Well BUF is essentially a microclimate and not necessarily representative of the rest of Western NY. I'm trying to recall (maybe 2 winters ago) that my cousins in Allegany County didn't get much snow at all while BUF did ok.

perhaps 05-06?

Alleghany County is kind of a weird place in the sense it has excellent elevation but the lake-effect often snows itself out before getting there or the band just doesn't reach there. Over half the county averages less than Buffalo.

Nice brisk early December day here at 2k. Mid 20's to start around freezing right now. Windy. Nice to be outside in cold air. Love it. BTW. To Messenger as I don't want to rspond in the dedicated thread. I wasn't critcizing either Ryan's ability as a Met or your knowledge as a hobbyist, I respect both of you very much. I was commenting on the glee you both seem to have when delivering bad news. Please don't change as both yin and yang are needed for harmonious balance. Yantra and Mantra= Tantra

:weenie:

46/22 here right now...feels nice and cold after the temps we've had lately. Maybe mid 20s tonight? Still slightly above average but at least it might feel like December....or at least November.

It did feel nice to be cooler. I think the lower dp's helped. Topped out in the mid 40s here....dp is 20 now...maybe we can have a respectible December temperature in the low to mid 20s?

Archived