12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2011 General Disc/Obs

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The southern stream is certainly not dead this year as might be expected in a Nina and occurred last winter. If we can ever get cold air, I think the potential for a big storm is there.

We certainly don't seem to be having any trouble in getting dynamic systems through. I've said several times on this forum, give me the precip during the winter, I'll take my chances with the temps. I think you are correct. I bet we end up with several chances for good snows this year, even if the pattern won't allow for prolonged cold periods.

In that context, the 384 GFS (tongue.png ) has a decent look for Christmas eve. Let's start tracking that one today since our last tracking event worked out so well. :)

The southern stream is certainly not dead this year as might be expected in a Nina and occurred last winter. If we can ever get cold air, I think the potential for a big storm is there.

It seems like the atmosphere just doesn't want to accept the general Nina dry trend. I hate wintertime rain (especially really cold rain), but it should give us a chance for a good snow if and when we can get some cold air to stick around.

I'll be in South Carolina for Christmas, so bet on some white flying around up here this year...

I don't want to misquote him, but HM made a comment about this a couple of weeks ago. I think he said something along the lines of the mid-Atlantic possibly getting the bulk of (our) snow in one storm once (and if) the pattern improves.

There was a discussion on Eastern awhile back about whether you would want one big storm or several minor events. I think that I'd take the two foot blizzard over 6 four-inch events, but if I could pick the days of the minor events, I might go that route. Snow on Christmas Eve and Day would be cool.

this just shows how warm it's been. this tree still has leaves from the fall on it , but now has buds showing at the same time. pretty wild looking

post-4-0-45376200-1323355840.jpg

That must be a Bradford Pear. Those trees are something else. I have pictures of one when I lived in Wise Co. (2500 feet) with full new leaves on it, in April, with 4 inches of snow on them. Every leaf on it died, and two weeks later it was green again.

Archived